Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the DL on the Toyo Open Country AT 10 PR?:$:
Looks like a good tire, and trying to decide between these and Cooper Discoverer ATR :$:

SIze wise 265/75 R16 on alloy 7.5" wheels, only about $6 diff cost wise:beer

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
I like mine. I don't have many miles on them but, they are very quiet for oversized tires. my .02

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
Have run both, and the cooper will give you more miles...Toyo wore out to fast IMO.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have had 3 sets of Toyo's. In my oppnion the very best tire for your money available. Do a search, we have been over this a few times in recent past...

Ryan

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
they both have a 500 tread wear rating, so it will depend on tire pressure and driving habits

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
I was able to get about 35k out of a set of Cooper Discoverer A/T's and could get them for $480 otd. I had a set of Toyo's and got 14k out of a set and they were bald as a baby's:butt:. Warranty?? Sure, I had to come up with $400 and put another set back on. I paid $800 for them. I've got Nitto Terra Grapplers now. Discount Tire on line for $670 shipped to the house and road hazard warranty included.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My truck has Toyo Open Country tires that the previous owner bought back in January. They seem like nice tires... we'll see how they wear. They only have 3K on them right now. I've had other Toyo tires on a couple of vehicles in the past and was not really impressed. It's probably just me... but Japanese tires just don't seem "right" on these trucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts