Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night was the first time I towed anything with my truck . It was my 9500lb travel trailer. I have the MP-8 about 75% and tried all the settings on the edge. But with the truck in 6th gear my EGTs were 1250 -1400 degrees.So I shifted down into 5th and the EGTs came down to about 900-950 degrees. Is this what other people are seeing as well?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I only have the mp-8, and was towing a 37' fifth wheel last week. EG's ran between 1300 and 1600, threw and engine code. I disconnected it, and it ran about 1200-1300.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
no mods here but what I noticed on a 900 mile trip was that this truck hates to tow in 6th gear at any speed lower than 65. I did the whole trip between 55-60 and picked up over 1 mpg going to 5th and not lugging the motor. I would think this new trans would be a bit more insightful but its not

Chris

·
Registered
37 Posts
they should have allowed the converter to unlock in 6th while in tow haul mode.. it'd help tremendously w/ that department, but heat is the negating factor....the chevy's had a O/d button i believe...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts