Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some advice on what setting to run the Edge on and at what percent for the Extreme power puck/
i am heading to montana Sunday { 1400 mile constant drive} towing my 3 snowmoblies in enclosed tralier . i know it is nothing too heavy , about 3,000 lbs , but tralier is a wind catcher.
what setting do you guys recomend ?
I normally get the best milage with edge on 5 or 6 and EPP turned all the way up.
appreciate ant advice
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Try your EPP at 75% and your Juice on 3. You can always turn them up if you find your EGT's are staying in check.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I had a MP-8 & Edge. Towed my 40' gooseneck with about 30k in weight around all the time without issues. I usually had MP-8 on 100% and Edge on 2. When I climbed hills I would watch the EGT's. If they started getting a little high I would decrease the MP-8 to around 75% or so. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah just keep an eye on your trans and egt and all the other good stuff.
something starts to get to hot turn it down.

oh by the way.... big fan of the avatars!!!

·
Alberta Northern VP
136 Posts
I just installed the EPP, and im going to be towing a load here soon. You guys are saying to keep an eye on the trans temp, im using my edge as the trans temp gauge but is it off or bang on? and if its off by how many degres

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if Temps {EGT`s, Trans ,Ect,,, } stay down it is ok to run levels higher, does it hurt any thing / injectors to keep the EPP turned way up for that long of a constant Drive?
thanks again for all your help

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
when we go skidooing in BC I usually have 2 on the sled deck and 2 on the trailer,egde on 6 ,MP-8 @100% BD tuner on performance.....Trucks runs great I average about 17MPG, the only issue I have is going up steeper hills going less then 100KM/h my EGTS climb so I manual shift it down into 5th and the EGTS drop about 300degrees.Where are you going in Montana , Last year we were in Cook City for a week ,,,very nice country down there.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when we go skidooing in BC I usually have 2 on the sled deck and 2 on the trailer,egde on 6 ,MP-8 @100% BD tuner on performance.....Trucks runs great I average about 17MPG, the only issue I have is going up steeper hills going less then 100KM/h my EGTS climb so I manual shift it down into 5th and the EGTS drop about 300degrees.Where are you going in Montana , Last year we were in Cook City for a week ,,,very nice country down there.
Thanks for the Advice
i am Heading to Cooke City , first time Going there, was supposed to be heading out to day , but pushed it back a day due to Storm here and Blizzard watch. warnings through part of the Dakotas
some day i am going to make it to
Revelstoke , thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts