Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Going back to a stock turbo won’t give you more power. It flows less than your stealth 64 and less air= less power. If you’re dealing with turbo lag I don’t think you’re going to like any other turbo unless you go to twins.
It sure doesn’t seem like I have more air. Towing 13,000 lbs this last weekend up a big grade the most boost pressure I seen was 19-20 psi.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Not recently. In my hot tune I can get it up to 30-35psi. I think the tuner has almost got me de tuned it seems in the tow tune to keep egts down

·
Registered
158 Posts
What are you using to read your boost? Tow tunes are never max effort but can be turned up a little.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
What are you using to read your boost? Tow tunes are never max effort but can be turned up a little.
Auto meter mechanical boost gauge and edge cts2 monitor. Both read the same. Tune 2 maxes out at 17-18psi. Tune 3 18-20psi. Tune 4 20-24psi. And tune 5 goes up to about 35 psi.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It could be the turbo but something is wrong. I only have a cts2 but I can hit its max reading at 37psi in any tune with the taterbuilt I had and my 467 I have now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It could be the turbo but something is wrong. I only have a cts2 but I can hit its max reading at 37psi in any tune with the taterbuilt I had and my 467 I have now.
It think it’s the turbo. Everything else on the truck works flawlessly. I just don’t understand why they can’t give me boost in the tow tunes. I have already asked them to do something and they just say that it’s performing exactly like they tuned it. That’s why I want to throw the stock back in and either throw the stock tune back in it or have them re tune it for a stock based truck

·
Registered
158 Posts
The stealth 64 is basically the same thing as a taterbuilt and fleece cheetah. They should spool like stock and support more power. Who is your tuner?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The stealth 64 is basically the same thing as a taterbuilt and fleece cheetah. They should spool like stock and support more power. Who is your tuner?
Calibrated power. So the makers of stealth 64. Wonder if someone else could tune it better ? I remember I had a smarty tuner on it with the stealth before efi live and I could get 25+ lbs of boost with it

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have you towed in other tunes than your tow tune? Not sure I’d tow in tune 5 cause that’s probably maxing your fuel system out but try tune 3 and 4 and see how it reacts. I know the smaller taterbuilts tow good so I don’t see why the stealth 64 wouldn’t.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Have you towed in other tunes than your tow tune? Not sure I’d tow in tune 5 cause that’s probably maxing your fuel system out but try tune 3 and 4 and see how it reacts. I know the smaller taterbuilts tow good so I don’t see why the stealth 64 wouldn’t.
I’ve towed lighter things like my razor or boat in tune 4 and the extra boost makes amazing power. I towed the 13,000lb load in tune 3 and ran out of boost at 20psi

·
Registered
287 Posts
you have a boost leak or your wastegate solenoid actuator is failing open

·
Registered
226 Posts
Auto meter mechanical boost gauge and edge cts2 monitor. Both read the same. Tune 2 maxes out at 17-18psi. Tune 3 18-20psi. Tune 4 20-24psi. And tune 5 goes up to about 35 psi.
What are your egts in each tune when you are getting on it?
How much smoke are you seeing in each tune when it is at max boost in each tune?
What is your fuel pressure in each tune when at max boost?

·
World Champs!!!
24,263 Posts
I'd NEVER replace a stock turbo with another one when a properly sized towing turbo is SOOO much better.
That’s pretty foolish to be honest.

And I have to laugh at your previous comment, talking about a questionable company then bragging about your Industrial turbo. 🤣

21 - 34 of 34 Posts