Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im still kinda new to the site but wanted some ideas on my truck build. let me tell you first this truck needs to be pretty reliable and run cool
currently towing about 19,000 lbs and looking for little more power but wanted to run cooler, my truck gets hot towing with its current setup i was thinking about these upgrades

4inch straight pipe
smarty
50 horse injectors
new intake horn
Bhaf filter
bigger exhaust housing or different turbo?:confused013:

oh yeah a new lift pump

·
Banned
768 Posts
I would defenatly look at something other than the bhaf its way overrated, I would get tow twins and a box of some sort, a lift pump
is a given, and gauges I would consider going to a bigger injectors as well anything up to a 150 would be fine if u use twins the exhaust is easy summit has the 4inch tail pipe for around 60$s shipped and you would only need a straight 4 inch pipe since you would be getting a downpipe in the twin kit also u would need a clutch as well....... Looking at about 4g in upgrades to do it the best right way any way u go about it wether u get twins or not and if any one wants to batch* about my grammar and punctuation you can go frack* yourselves as I am typing on an iPhone with an edge connection

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Twins is for someone who does nothing but tow (BD tow twins or a S362/S475 with 150-200hp sticks for most). A good cheap towing setup is 100hp sticks and a 62/65/12 or 14. I know guys who tow a lot more weight than 19k with it and it's a good reliable daily driver setup at a decent price. You can cut holes into your airbox for better air flow and the power puck would be fine to use in that setup, but to get the full power out of it, a edge juice or quad adrenaline.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the idea of twins but i'd rather work my way to that, i was going to just put a big single disk clutch in my nv4500 think thats enough?

i would buy a quad adrenaline but my buddy has one and says his truck eats ecu since he put it in:confused013:, he told me smarty was a nice conservative box is it worth putting on?

oh and i was going to get a water meth kit too

am i close to gettin a good setup? who should i get my parts from?

·
Registered
739 Posts
why do you say the bhaf is overrated?? so many people run it and its very cost effective? flows alot better than the stocker..

·
Banned
768 Posts
why do you say the bhaf is overrated?? so many people run it and its very cost effective? flows alot better than the stocker..
U can get a twin kit from crazy Carl's turbos for 2000$s that's including the bottom s475, and who ever told your the quad eats ecms is full of chit and needs boped on the head for apparently installing it wrong lol smarty is ok but don't expect anything over 50hp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.