Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone went to a cipa style mirror over the factory towing mirror, any input as to which was better?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Are you talking about cipa OEM replacements, or clip ons? I can't speak to the OEM replacments, but I used to tow with cipa clip on mirrors, and went to the factory "flip outs". The clip ons were a PITA and the ball joint was so loose the mirrors would gradually tilt down over a trip. The factory flip outs are killer: I can control their angles from the cockpit and they have built in heaters. You do have to manually flip them.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I like the "bullwinkle" factory tow mirrors myself. They look great, work great, and are power! I don't like the looks of the CIPA mirrors, but I do like the marker light they have on them.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No no not the clip on stuff, the power, heated, telescoping cipa style mirrors.

Yes i have the power, heated factory fold out mirrors now

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
i love the factory tow mirrors but its all personal pref, the cipa mirrors are alot more $$ to..

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,664 Posts
of course im partial to the full replacement mirrors, so my vote is that they are superior.
having a full 10" x 10" viewing surface along with the 4.5" extendable arms allow for high visibility while towing. the marker / blinker lights and heat / electric built in is just additional reasons to upgrade. how much are you guys paying for oem tow mirrors ?
you can get a set of these for $400, i didnt think the oem's were much less than that.

:thumbsup

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guy's that was the mirror i was looking for

·
Registered
316 Posts
I went with the flip mopar tow mirrors and frankly I'm not impressed. The vision wasnt as good as I thought it would be. when traveling I like to see the trailer and stuff and when backing up I like to see the tops of my rear wheels. So I have to adjust the mirrors everytime I switch because you cant leave it in a spot for both. The littl square mirror is a waste as well as it is never in the right spot. are they better than the regular mirrors. in some ways, but I was able to see both with the regular mirrors.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,664 Posts
the cipa's are 10 inch x 10 inch, which is more than big enough to see anything your pulling. the bird eye mirror that is built in is plenty large as well for seeing in the blind spots.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was talking about the stock tow mirrors

·
Registered
316 Posts
oh ok I agree with you. lol

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I concur and will follow the lead...

Do they make the cipa version power extend to... (im gettin lazy)

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,664 Posts
haha, i wish. they didnt have that options when i got mine.
would be super sweet though. power exdend
awesome.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol i was wishful hopin they had power extend

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I personally like the larger mirror, i have nothing hateful against the factory version, just a bigger mirror is better for me in this case....

Gotta remember im in NY, people try to squeeze between the trailers and truck, so the more i can see before it happens, the better..

You couldn't believe the bs i get into whenever any of the trailers are behind me...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts