Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I ordered OEM towing mirrors for my '06 and I was wondering if any of you who has done the swap has any imput or pictures on how to do it. I am sure it is pretty simple but I don't want to brake anything in the process. I apreciate any help.
Thank you and God Bless:thumbsup:

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
Its pretty simple. I didn't swap mine, but I did take them off when I color matched them.
I always disconnect the batteries when I am doing anything electrical, but its your call....
Start by taking the inside door handle off. I can't remember if its a screw or a nut...I think its a phillips screw. You kind of have to pull the handle halfway out to see it and get access to it. Then, there are 4 screws that hold the door panel on. One up top by where the mirror is, one behind the door handle, and two on the very bottom. Take them out. Grasp the door panel at the handle and pull UP. You may have to bump it a little to get it to go. There are little 'fingers' of plastic that hold the panel to the door frame, so whatever you do, don't pull out towards you, or you will break them! Disconnect the plugs for the power locks, windows, mirrors, and set the panel aside.
Now there will be 3 10mm (i think) nuts securing the mirror to the door. Take these out, disconnect the wiring plug for the power/heat and you are done. Also, a little trick: If you are doing this by yourself, it helps to put the windows down before you start. By doing this, you will be able to reach through and hold on to the mirror as you are unbolting it. Installation is just the opposite of taking it off.
I don't have any pics, but if you search, you may find some. But really, its pretty simple. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sure does help. The little plastic clips or whatever it is they're called (i'm sure there is a weird name for them) is what I am always affraid of braking and as per Murphy's law I GUARANTEE YOU I would have pulled the panel towards me and broke 'em all, on a Sunday no less:doh:
Again thanks for the imput, you may have saved me from a lott'a agravation!!!

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
There was a step by step thread on here somewhere. Im trying to find it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
There was a step by step thread on here somewhere. Im trying to find it.
ya southern smoke put it up. it helped me when i put mine on. i dont know how to post links, but just go into the tech articles section and search for tow mirrors and it'll put you right there! it has pictures and step by step stuff and it definitely helps a lot.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts