Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've had my truck the right brake/blinker light doesnt work on the 7-way. Cleaned the plug, checked wires clear up to fuse box, and there is no power coming out of the box for the trailer brake/blinker. Truck lights work fine when trailer is plugged in. Any ideas?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am thinking that you have a short in your system or one of your wires may have got snagged and are broken. No real way to tell unless you get under the truck an trace them to find out.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
check your fuses. I haven't paid much attention to the dodge but on my chevrolet I had a separate fuse for trailer signal lights. One for the right lights and one for the left set of lights. If that isn't it then I have to go with ranger and say that you probably lost a wire somewhere in your loom or in the plug.

I also had a crazy thing where I didn't have any brake signal going back or any brake lights once. I pulled the fuses and unplugged the brake controller and plugged everything back in. After that it started working. I think I just confused my brake controller because I didn't have the plug secured the first time and didn't know it. I didn't plug it in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts