Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

towing behind a motorhome

1240 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  knucklehead 61
i am thinking about buying a '09 or '10 6.7 2500 4x4 quadcab with auto tranny. i want to be able to flat tow it behind my motorhome (don't worry, the c-12 cat in the MH can pull anything i can hitch it to) when we go camping. is there anything i need to know before i buy one? any issues regarding it being towed?

side note: any reason to buy an '08 or '09 instead of waiting for the new front end & larger cab on the '10 model?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
236 Posts
Welcome aboard Cummins Forum, sounds like you got you a beast of a motorhome. Not sure on one being pulled as there usually the one hauling the motorhomes. look up kodiak constructions towing and youll see him towing all sorts of stuff including scrapped out motorhomes. My truck is an automatic and I have some kind of disengagement button next to my electric 4wd selector this might have something to do with towing the truck, Anyhow good luck
r/ Coty

· Registered
768 Posts
well since they have shut down production temporarily at chrysler you never know if things are gona get back on schedule so it depends if you want to take the chance of waiting for a 2010 or just get a 08 or 09

· Registered
2,881 Posts
i am thinking about buying a '09 or '10 6.7 2500 4x4 quadcab with auto tranny. i want to be able to flat tow it behind my motorhome (don't worry, the c-12 cat in the MH can pull anything i can hitch it to) when we go camping. is there anything i need to know before i buy one? any issues regarding it being towed?

side note: any reason to buy an '08 or '09 instead of waiting for the new front end & larger cab on the '10 model?
The new trucks have a locked ECM so that one can not use a programmer device from what I have read here. This may or may not be an issue for you.

· Registered
116 Posts
My 08 3500 mega 4x4 auto with the electric shift 4x4 owners man says can pull after you push some buttons and do this and that with the shifters and do a dance.

So yes can be pulled any distance and speed. On the 2010 models donut know?

Brian
North Idaho
or Cambodia

· Registered
14 Posts
Ive got a Roadmaster setup that I use to pull my little Toyota Yaris behind my 330 C7 Journey. I contacted Roadmaster to see if I could use my 2wd 5 speed 3500 as a toad and they said they do have backets for it. My hitch is rated for 10k and the all terrain Roadmaster Blackhawk is also rated at 10k. Ive seen Suburbans being towed behind class A's all the time, but never a dually. I cant wait.

:yourock: with the C12

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.