Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a short bed 08, 3500 and a 10,000 lb GVWR 5th wheel.. I'm looking for advice on the best hitch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
All depends on what your looking for. My buddy has a B&W turn over ball, with the 5th wheel companion. Nice set -up can haul most anything. Pricey, and no slide for short box trucks. He poped his window with my trailer. When removed leaves bed flush with the floor.

My Truck came with a reese slide hitch, works good. My trailer also came with a reese slider. Willing to sell one, 15K complete with rails.

Other friends all have different variants of rail type hitches. Not exactly sure if one or the other is better. Make sure it is heavy enough for what your pulling. With your 10k trailer, most hitches should be fine.

Hopefully this didn't confuse you more.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I popped for the Pullrite SuperGlide auto slider. It's pretty pricey but for the peace of mind, it was worth every penny. I installed it myself in an afternoon with no issues at all.

Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a reese 15k slider in my shortbed truck and really like it. Very easy to hook/unhook from the trailer.

If I had to buy one again, I would get the same hitch with no slider to save a bunch of money or get a comparable Curt brand hitch. I've only used the slider once and that was because I wanted to see how well it worked. I've never needed it and have been in some pretty tight and tilted situations and never came close to hitting the cab with my fifth wheel.

Every other hitch and related inserts are from Curt. I have a class V bumper and a gooseneck plate that fits in the rails of the reese. hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts