Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta ask you guys if I can pull this trailer with my truck

Basically, I'm working for someone that is selling a 4 car wedge trailer and I want to get it with my Jeep friends for transporting our rigs to the trails and also for just doing transport of junked cars etc.

My truck is an '07 Dodge Mega DRW

The tranny is stock. I am pretty certain about the trucks abilities to pull this set up but I gotta ask about registering it etc.

It has (2) 8000 lb axles. What does this entail with DOT and registrations @ DMV in NY

Any help or advice would be most appreciated

Thanks in advance!

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,816 Posts
whole can of worms including a class A since it will more then likely be over the 26,001 total gvwr combination.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya Class A CDL and cargo liability insurance as I will rarely have all the spots on the trailer filerd by my Jeeps

Single car hauler is picked up by my own personal auto insurance for cargo liability as per a transporter I talked with today.

Can of worms indeed...

·
Registered
1 Posts
As far as your truck goes you shouldn't have a problem. I have customers pulling four full sized cars on a wedge trailer with F-350's and Dodge 3500's. When you get into pulling a full load you may want to consider suspension upgrades and a drivetrain tuner.

CALL-COME BY- OR VISIT US ONLINE:Trailers for Sale Georgia, North GA Trailer Dealer New & Used Utility Trailers, Truck Beds, Horse Trailers, Equipment Trailer Sales, Service, Repairs
MOTORS IN MOTION INC
2323 MURPHY BLVD
GAINESVILLE, GA 30504
678-450-0006
INDEPENDENT DEALER FOR BIG TEX TRAILERS, CM HORSE & STOCK TRAILERS, CM TRUCK BEDS, DIAMOND CARGO, CURT HITCH'S, PARTS, SERVICE, FINANCING AND MORE!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts