Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was on my way to ship off my 47RH to John Isaacs when traffic just stopped moving... The cause, a broken down 18 wheeler with 13,000 pounds on board in his box trailer.

I offered to help tow him out of traffic. Last think I asked was, "do you still have enough air for brakes?" I knew I could get him moving but 6 puny tires was not stopping that thing, especially with a strap inbetween us, LOL.

Here's the vid, enjoy.

Fast forward to 1:35 or so...

YouTube - Dodge pulling a broke down 18wheeler

Merrick

·
texas
909 Posts
i wonder what the other truck drivers where thinking
great pull :thumbsup

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,023 Posts
Wow. I'm impressed. Nice job:thumbsup:peelout

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
As the Japanese would say, "totarry ahsum haw haw haw". :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thats bad freaking a$$ I showed my buddy who is a powerjoke fan, his ego shrunk about 2 inches

·
Registered
98 Posts
sweeeeeeet

·
Registered
529 Posts
Just love it bro!! You showed proof of what our awesome Cummins are capable of...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I pulled an 18 wheeler. Poor guy sunk his trailer tires in a ditch (thank god for super singles) While the tractor was on snow/water covered gravel, i put my truck in 4wd, and somehow got traction and out he came. He was estimated at around 55k. Full trailer with empty storage boxes for dry ice.

Nice video, kinda scared to think what a single rear would have done. Melted tires!!!

·
Diesel Head
1,973 Posts
i bet you wish you had 4wd for that 2 mins huh!!

awesome pull man, whats all done to your truck?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys, thanks a ton. Yah, she did pull a little heavy. If it would have been 4wd, the task would have been easier, plus the strap locations weren't the best. The harder I pulled the less traction I had.

I've got a Cam/Head from Piers, .010 shaved pistons and .020 over headgasket, 4.8 Injectors from F1Diesel, Twin turbos from J.R. Adkins, SBC's Dual Disc Clutch, and a ton more odds and ends I won't bore you with.

I sure wish it was 4wd, I would have yanked him pretty freakin' fast through that intersection, LOL.

Merrick

·
Registered
737 Posts
Man thats sick!! Bet the driver of the truck was sh!ting himself as you started to pull him! Were you able to see how fast you were going at anypoint, and what gear(s) you pull him in?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
i wonder what the other truck drivers where thinking
great pull :thumbsup
Thats just what I was thinking, I can't believe your 2WD did that!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did \n't shift out of 1st until after the intersection, but I did get up to about 2,700RPM in 2nd gear. I didn't want to shiuft to 3rd because the straps were stretching alot and when I shifted from 1st to 2nd it really pulled my truck back, and I didn't want to risk breaking the strap.

I wanted to hear what The CB's were sayin'! Bet they were lit up! LOL

Merrick

1 - 20 of 25 Posts