Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 12 valve block at the machine shop getting bored so it's getting a ful rebuild.i use my truck mostly for towing and some 4wheeling from time to time.
I want to get a little more power out of it with out losing fuel mileage if possable. Any advice would be apersated

·
VP of the dry side
4,217 Posts
You looking for around 400-450 hp then?

On Cummins forum instead of working or doing homework

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I would like to be around that the motor I have is a 230hp i was told it came out of a rv. I put I. 4k govaner springs, 60 lb valve springs, 0 fuel plate and am running a he351cw tubo. Just not shere were to go with it. My buddy is running Marien pistons with the 370 injectors and he is happy with it but he don't tow with it so I don't know if that's a good way to go.

·
VP of the dry side
4,217 Posts
Pm me. i have a guy that can build you a set of injectors. Marine or 145°s. My 155°4x.014s made high 400hp on fuel and i have a very difficult time reaching 1300° egts. And is pretty much smoke free

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you running stock postions? I gess my big thing is sence have to put pistons in it I want to see what good options are out there for my goals

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I guess it really depends on how much money you feel like dumping into it. While it's apart for a rebuild there's all kinds of things you could do, just not all of them are necessary for say 4-500hp.

Personally if my motor was apart for a rebuild I'd o ring and stud the head, port the head or have someone else do it, and if I had money to spare I'd put a better cam in it. While the pump is off it wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone bench and balance it too. Now most of this is not "have to have" stuff, but it would be a great time to do while it's apart. I'd for sure do head studs though.

Really though I think you'd be pretty happy with something like a 5x12 injector and the he351. Should make 450hp pretty easy and drive really nice.

·
VP of the dry side
4,217 Posts
I'm running stock pistons yes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts