Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my tow mirrors on my 06. I want to get my father some for his 99. I am finding out that the ones that are offered from Dodge do not come with the Power/Heated option. I called and they said that because of the age they only come without those options. Does anyone know if there is another source out there that offers the tow mirrors with Power/Heated option?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
:popcorn: piggybacking ya on this one... gota buddy looking for some for his 02

·
Registered
313 Posts
If ya happen to come across em let me know. The previous owner of my truck must have had the towing mirrors added later, cuz there's a big hole in my pillar where the power window knob was at one time. I was always wonderin what that was all about.

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
IIRC, some put the 3rd gen head on the 2nd gen base. I believe pro99 and IC Smoke on this site have done it.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing is, the lady I spoke with at the Dodge place said something like, people will buy the set for the 99 and then find a new set and fabracate a way to make it work. 1. I nor my father are that mechanically inclined and 2. I wasn't wanting to break the bank to make it happen.

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
you can buy a set of early 3rg gen power tow mirrors and a set of 2nd gen non-power tow mirrors and put the 3rg gen head on the 2nd gen base.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I Had Some Bestop Mirrors On My 98 Power And Heated They Were 10" I Loved Those Mirrors.they Don't Make Them For 2008 Yet.do A Search For Bestop On The Net They Are Not Hard To Find.they Kinda Look Like The Cipa Mirrors.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Either the Kool Vues or there is some instructions floating around about how toe make the 3rd gens works on second gen bases. It requires some wiring and some extra supports IIRC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
347 Posts
Either the Kool Vues or there is some instructions floating around about how toe make the 3rd gens works on second gen bases. It requires some wiring and some extra supports IIRC.

Not to hijack...

how is swapping bases cost effective? buying 4 mirrors? i assume the 3rd gens are pretty pricey plus the cost of the 2nd gens, unless they can be had for dirt cheap at a junkyard? im just confused?:confused:

i would definately do this if it was cheaper than just buying the kool-vues

·
Registered
347 Posts
weasel,

according to the link you sent these are just what i am looking for. thanks so much!!

glad i could be of help:thumbsup

I really like the 3rd gen tow mirrors and i am definitely going to get a set for my 2nd gen and i dont want to lose the power heat so these were perfect!

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
If you look in the right places, all of the pieces can be found without spending alot.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok guys, just got off the phone with Diehl Auto Parts-Fenderworld. I found them from the link that Weasel gave us. They have what we are looking for. According to the guy I spoke with, they will mount right up the the 2nd Gen trucks. You do have to be a $30 mounting kit along with the mirrors. You are looking at a total of around $300. Definately doable for my father's birthday. I even ask if once they were mounted will there be any difference from where the factory mirrors where. He said the only difference is the mirror itself. Thanks again Weasel!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Paid 340$ Shipped ,for The Bestop Really, They Were First Class.i'd Buy Again If They Made Them For An 08.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts