Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pucked up a 18 2500 (my first Cummins) and am just wondering, what is up with these dinky little mirrors! Are larger tow mirrors available and I just lucked out with the little ones or is this all that’s available? I am looking for something along the lines of the 3rd gens that had the awesome tip up mirrors...

·
Registered
833 Posts
I would assume your truck has the sport mirrors. There are tow mirrors available for these trucks that flip up also. Check allmoparparts.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Canadian part number for the Mopar accessory tow mirror kit is 82214909AE, $616.00 list CDN. I supect the part number is the same for a US listing as well. These are the same as the OE factory installed mirror.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Canadian part number for the Mopar accessory tow mirror kit is 82214909AE, $616.00 list CDN. I supect the part number is the same for a US listing as well. These are the same as the OE factory installed mirror.
Yup, that’s the kit. I’m seeing them for $330US. Ram 1500 Trailer Tow Mirrors, MoparOnlineParts.com
Don’t forget you need to have the dealer add the sales codes to make them work.
LEB - activates the turn signals
LEC - activates the puddle lamps
LEG - makes the mirror adjustment buttons work correctly when they are flipped up 90 degrees.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yup, that’s the kit. I’m seeing them for $330US. Ram 1500 Trailer Tow Mirrors, MoparOnlineParts.com
LEG - makes the mirror adjustment buttons work correctly when they are flipped up 90 degrees.
Plus any supporting modules.

R.K.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not sure what model you have. I have a 17 Laramie Sport and it came with those dinky mirrors.

I switched them out for the tow mirrors and that was it....did not need to do anything additional...The smaller mirrors had the exact same features as the tow mirrors so I had no issues....heated, blinkers, etc...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
To clarify, adjusting the mirrors when flipped out is all funky, but a very small issue for me...not like I am constantly flipping mirrors in and out and needing to constantly adjust...

other than that....good to go

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe they are plug and play if you already have factory electric mirrors. I work for a Chrysler store. Stock item for us. Don't recall ever having to have service do an interface for them.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
IF the mirrors you currently have already have turn signals and puddle lamps, then the new ones will work out of the box. If not, then you’ll need to have those sales codes I posted added. You’ll definitely need the LEG sales code for when you flip the mirrors up otherwise you’ll ave the issue 650ram2500 has. It’s not a matter of the programming or the mirrors, it’s that the feature isn’t turned on in your trucks BCM.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
To clarify, adjusting the mirrors when flipped out is all funky, but a very small issue for me...not like I am constantly flipping mirrors in and out and needing to constantly adjust...

other than that....good to go

Just an FYI:

AlphaOBD can fix that issue. You can use it to enable tow mirrors and it'll work as normal. (up=up, down=down,,, and so on)

Also there are around 100 other settings AlphaOBD can tweak, including TPMS limits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my truck with Sport mirrors but wanted towing mirrors. Part of the deal was to swap them out.

It took another trip to the dealer to get the blinker and puddle lights working, I had to have my truck next day. The mirror adjustment worked fine.

I was out of there in a half hour.

I found OEM mirrors on ebay, not that expensive.

I just wondered how much the dealer was giving me, a couple of hundred bucks was all.

·
Registered
215 Posts
What are y’all doing with your sport mirrors? I’ve got the power folding tow mirrors on mine, I think I’d rather have the smaller ones. I’m never gonna tow, I know, sad. I did order my full thuren 2.5 king suspension kit and 37” toyo mt tires on method wheels. Truck is just my fun weekend toy. Sold my modded mustang to get back into a Cummins!!

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
What are y’all doing with your sport mirrors? I’ve got the power folding tow mirrors on mine, I think I’d rather have the smaller ones. I’m never gonna tow, I know, sad. I did order my full thuren 2.5 king suspension kit and 37” toyo mt tires on method wheels. Truck is just my fun weekend toy. Sold my modded mustang to get back into a Cummins!!
On my '02 I sold them to my neighbour for cheap to replace the busted ones on his truck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2018 is coming next week with the small mirrors and I'm gonna swap them. I'd trade ya but I doubt you want to add chrome ones to that rig...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah, chrome would kinda clash. 😁

I’ll check the classified section when I get my 50 posts. My 06, I bought some brand new take offs from eBay for a really good price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Do you know if there a cost associated with this?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.