Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Power Mirrow

Just purchassed used 98 24 valve 2500 unit. It has the control unit on the driver door for power adjustable mirrow's. Neither mirrow power adjusting works. Was this a option and the switch is on the door but connected to nothing or is my mirrows broken? Thanks for your help.
bazdad

·
Registered
58 Posts
If the switch is there they did work at one time. You will have to see if the mirrors still have the wiring and check your fuses.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bazdad, my guess would be that the pickup original came with 6x9 power non towing mirrors and someone put towing mirrors on. The towing mirrors were an option back then. If you wanted to do the swap you've got a good start. And power towing mirrors were not an option until 03. Hence the swap. The only power mirrors on the 98.5-02 were the 6x9 non towing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tow Mirror

I purchassed the truck used and can understand the logic to it now. I will start looking for a set of late models. Thanks for your help.
bazdad

·
Registered
699 Posts
I did mine a while ago and it had the smaller power mirrors, so all the wiring and heater were there. Also I have read that the newer, 05+? mirrors dont work on 2nd gen bases any more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts