Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has the oem part numbers for the tow mirrors for our truck. I searched and found the bracket part number but not coming up with the mirror ones. They don't make a power heated one from mopar right?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Are you looking for the Bracket, the Heated Power Mirrors or both?

If you are looking for the mirror then you might try this link, just over $200 for the pair and they come with the bracket in the box with the mirror.
Discount Auto Mirrors - 1999 Dodge Ram 2500

These stick out 17" in the down position compared to stock at 12" and extend out to 21" when flipped up. Power Heated for just over $200 and easy to install. They are solid even over bumps.

The only issue was the Pass side, I needed to remove the studs, placed a about 1/4" to 3/8" piece of solid copper 12 Gage wire in the hole and tighten the stud back down. Seems that either the stud come a shade shorter on the pass side ot the door is a shade thicker.
:party018:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I didn't go with the EBay as no Brand stated just the sometimes iffyness (my word) of dealing with EBay suppliers.

I have a couple of pictures of the Mirrors Installed, once again these are Solid even in the out position. Took about a short 30 minutes a side in cold whether to install. The also fold in flat to the door for tight parking.

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Rookie question but what gives with discount auto mirros only showing one side power heated tow mirror?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
They sell them separately not a bad feature if someone breaks one! What is strange they are different prices!:confused013:

They are a Great Mirror though.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Yea, but I would tend to wipe off the passenger side more often than the Drivers side.
Besides together the mirrors are still just under $200, a tick over with S&H.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are there any mirrors that are extendable? I mean, where they are in the stock position normally but when towing they can be slid out. All I've seen so far is one or the other. I remember seeing these convertible type mirrors previously but now that I need them I can't remember what platform I saw them on.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Are there any mirrors that are extendable? I mean, where they are in the stock position normally but when towing they can be slid out. All I've seen so far is one or the other. I remember seeing these convertible type mirrors previously but now that I need them I can't remember what platform I saw them on.
I have seen these on Ford and Chevy's, but not on a Dodge. I you start a WEB search on Tow Mirrors you might find some one who makes them for Dodge, but the mounting area on the door may be too small to give necessary space.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That sucks.

WTF, Dodge!?!? You make this great tow vehicle and don't put towing mirrors on?

@$$-hats!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
The Tow mirrors are similar to the factory Tow mirrors coming on the new 2010 and 2011 Dodges.
Same flip up design and still work correctly with the power controls. These mirrors stick out as far as my old slip on towing mirrors in the DOWN position (17") up they stick out 21".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, I found some that fold out. Looks like about $250 for a set of power/heated.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Are you looking for the Bracket, the Heated Power Mirrors or both?

If you are looking for the mirror then you might try this link, just over $200 for the pair and they come with the bracket in the box with the mirror.
Discount Auto Mirrors - 1999 Dodge Ram 2500

These stick out 17" in the down position compared to stock at 12" and extend out to 21" when flipped up. Power Heated for just over $200 and easy to install. They are solid even over bumps.

The only issue was the Pass side, I needed to remove the studs, placed a about 1/4" to 3/8" piece of solid copper 12 Gage wire in the hole and tighten the stud back down. Seems that either the stud come a shade shorter on the pass side ot the door is a shade thicker.
:party018:
With shipping a tick over $200:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts