Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the way my transmission shifts in tow/haul mode, can it damage my truck if I always drive it in tow/haul even when I'm not pulling anything? also can anyone give me any ideas on a slightly built transmission, I do alot of towing and it is starting to slip, transmission shops in Alabama would be good as well!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
couple of transmissions that i would rec. 1 would be jasper best warranty 3yr 100k warranty next would be coleman taylor they do VERY good work as well. but jasper by far has the best warranty. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Goerend IMO

·
Registered
450 Posts
There is a thread already started on Tow/Haul...

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-powertrain/293753-tow-haul.html

but no it will not hurt the transmission. I wouldn't run it in T/H above 60 mph though.

My only experience with Jasper, with a manual tranny on a gas truck I used to own was a huge nightmare. They will never get my business again. I agree with pepsi71ocean, Goerend will get my business if I ever have to replace my auto tranny!

·
Registered
554 Posts
... I wouldn't run it in T/H above 60 mph though....
i always drive in T/H, usually 75-85mph depending on traffic, some runs up to 115mph! :D

i think it depends on the year.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I dont know about driving around in t/h because i only use it when i tow. the guy that own mr transmission in hoover will build u one for a pretty good price, theres a thread in the alabama section on one of his trans, i myself will be ordering a goerend the end of this week

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
i think it will actually help increase the life of the tranny running in tow haul mode even when not towing. It creates more pressure so less slipping............now if u add power to it that s another story. Do it once and be done w/ it when it comes to tranny. Id find the most reputable transmission builder local to u ...............JMHO

·
Registered
669 Posts
On an 06 all it does is make the trany shift firmer and change the shift points, you still have over drive, does not hurt dick, all good, I use it all the time.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i always drive in T/H, usually 75-85mph depending on traffic, some runs up to 115mph! :D

i think it depends on the year.
Yes, you are correct since the OP has an 06 that will still go into OD in T/H mode.
If I ran mine up to 115mph in T/H I'd probably be looking for a new engine soon. :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts