Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i took my truck today to a place down the road that just works on dodges n such and i thought i was having tranny problems cuz in first gear boosted or not wheneve you leave it like surges real bad,it doesnt feel like your turning the key on an off nothing that bad,but i put the smarty on 6 on torque manage and it felt like it might of helped a little but not real sure,he told me something about bd makig a switch to take care of it,anyone know whati could do?

·
MS Chapter President
3,029 Posts
The smarty or BD RAD is the only things that will get rid of the Tq managment the 01-02 auto's have. The smarty will get rid of most of it and the BD RAD will completley get rid of it. The Smarty with the new REVO tuning got rid of none of it for me. BD just dropped the price on the RAD to $100 too. I got to the point where the smarty wasnt letting me 60 ft fast enough and lowering my trap speeds too much so I sold it and I'll have a RAD on the way tomorrow.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The smarty or BD RAD is the only things that will get rid of the Tq managment the 01-02 auto's have. The smarty will get rid of most of it and the BD RAD will completley get rid of it. The Smarty with the new REVO tuning got rid of none of it for me. BD just dropped the price on the RAD to $100 too. I got to the point where the smarty wasnt letting me 60 ft fast enough and lowering my trap speeds too much so I sold it and I'll have a RAD on the way tomorrow.
so the rad is only $100 now?

·
MS Chapter President
3,029 Posts
Yep it is actually the BD top speed eliminator with RAD(race anti-defueler) Technology.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whre can you pick it up f0r 100 bucks at?i looked on xtremes site and its 213 i beleive. You sure that the rad will definetly fix this problem?

·
MS Chapter President
3,029 Posts
Yep I'm positive, All the 01-02 autos do it. Get with Dave at BD or a vendor on here they will get you fixed up.

·
Registered
341 Posts
will a rad work on a 99 and is it basically a cheap smarty or what cause i have never heard of it? thanks

·
MS Chapter President
3,029 Posts
will a rad work on a 99 and is it basically a cheap smarty or what cause i have never heard of it? thanks
Theonly thing it will do for you is act as a top speed eliminator. The 01 and 02 auto's came with a safe gaurd feture that causes them to defuel in first or 2nd gear when the ECM see's too much boost before a certain speed to save the tranny.

·
Registered
186 Posts
X2
Torque management is a total killer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts