Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cummins Crazy
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys first post here...i've read a ton of posts on here and learned alot...heres my dilemma..since the day I got my truck listed below in my sig it will not spin the tires...good and bad...so last week i finally got my smarty and put it on level five which is probably pushing it for the stock trans..anyhow foot braked it in the driveway still won't spin...i thought smarty would change the torque management enough to do this...o truck runs like a house on fire other than it wont spin the tires foot braking...thanks any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
you have to change the torque management, but be careful you will fry that stock tranny

·
Registered
841 Posts
My truck would barely chirp the tires stock ... bought Smarty Jr (completely stock otherwise) and d/l the 40hp tune and she would break loose for about 80 feet ( you can just barely see those tracks at the far end of photo) ... then I d/l the 100 hp tune for about a 350 foot dual trail of rubber. That's with brakes to 1K rpm only and in D ... barely trying. And Jr doesn't modify the TM either ... so maybe you have another problem?
Luv the Jr and I won't be doing this very often ... just had to try it. :peelout

·
Banned
516 Posts
takes a little foot work to get it to break! or like what others said change the Torque management but thats rather hard on the tranny!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Do not floor it or it will defuel and wont break the tires loose. Give it half throttle with the brakes applied for 5sec to build boost,then gradually give it more throttle and tap the breaks till it goes. Mine spins with little or no effort

·
Banned
516 Posts
i agree with 07laramie..learn how to drive! haha jk takes a bit to figure out!

·
Mark Ward
836 Posts

·
Cummins Crazy
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the input guys...its just depressing all my other vehicles will melt tires like nothing...n heres my cummins that makes a load of power but the computer defuels it...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....o well once i get a tranny the torque management is gonna disappear

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you want to show off your wheel spinning power put it on #9 default. Mine will get sideways till I let off. Not good for my stock tranny though. I never tried with the Jr.

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,023 Posts
:lol3: that vid was hilarious! hahahaha ... I can see new u-joints in his near future for sure ... poor tranny.
:agree2: That makes me hurt just watching. I can burn my tires without trying very hard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts