Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a wire or connector that can be opened to keep the torque converter from locking up. I can not find a schematic that will help me. Any one with a wiring schematic. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i would like to know also. mine locks up to fast when going into overdrive while pulling . i would like to hook it up on the auto overdrive lock out switch. then i could lock out converter till i need it , since i never use the od lockout.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope some one will reply to our question. There are 4 wires on the brake circut and one of these wires disconnect the converter. It will be a simple mod to keep it from locking up if some person with the info will reply. Some one help us. bazdad

G

·
0 Posts
Do a search on here, and you'll find a link to a FSM for the 01 trucks that will have the wiring diagram you seek.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
You want to wire up a mystery switch.

DO a search. There is a super easy way to do it, just a simple switch into the harness of the trans. You can force lockup, let it work as normal, or force un-lock.

I'd try a search "mystery switch" or "lockup switch"

Merrick

·
Not like the others......
5,078 Posts
I hope some one will reply to our question. There are 4 wires on the brake circut and one of these wires disconnect the converter. It will be a simple mod to keep it from locking up if some person with the info will reply. Some one help us. bazdad
You need to give more info on ur truck!!!!!!!!!! I moved this to the 2nd gen forum only because alot of 2nd gen guys do this mod. A little more info would help us help you better.:thumbsup

·
Registered
752 Posts
there is a great write up on here i will give u the link the only thing is it was meant for doing a torque converter lock up so instead of grounding the wire on the one side of the switch you should just have to connect it to power then the torque converter cannot lock as long as u have more than 6 volts on the other side of the switch

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry. You are correct that no information was given on which truck. I have a 99 re47 and when the TC locks up there is a shudder. I pull a 14,000 pound trailer very little and short mileage. I wanted to lock the TC out when pulling this load. All of the info is to lock the TC in. I will try removing the relay and adding the jumper but not the toggle switch and ground wire. This may keep the TC from locking in. Thanks bazdad

·
Registered
752 Posts
here is the link http://www.tstproducts.com/Torque Converter Lockup Switch.pdf i did just the opposite with my truck i put the lock on its awesome for drag racing my advice is use a three position switch and do both one position is normal on forced lock and the other forced unlock dont forget to take your relay out or your tranny will be stuck in limp mode

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Forcing unlock for long periods of time is sure to overheat your transmission. Be careful. You might roast that trans in short order...

Merrick

·
Registered
680 Posts
thats what i was thinking...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Im running the lockup switch (my little red botton between the drivers seat and center consle) and I DONT have the jumper wire in the fuse box- no codes. Just don't do locked shifts with stock shafts, haha I found out the bang way! I just use it as a kickdown override, hit the little red botton and hammer the black pedal and watch the coal roll!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts