Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, well lately when I punch on the skinny pedal moderately I get this studder in the whole truck. I take it it's my t.c taking a crap? Anyway, I should have enough money to purchase one in a couple weeks (if I get this hay sold. Quality coastal hay, fertilized, by the way :thumbsup: [70 bucks in the gonzales area.] ) but yeah do ya'll think a t.c should help me out with what I have in the sig? I might be able to purchase a v.b too... I really want a Goerend, but they're pricey.. Any places around here?

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Tc or clutches i believe. I know when mine started doing that it was only a matter of time before it left ya stranded.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sounds like a torque converter shutter.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's what I was thinkin'....any ideas of what to do with the tranny? full rebuilt? t.c and v.b?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Willie i'm suprised you tranny has lasted this long since putting those injectors in. I will say don't cheap out on this upgrade.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I"m surprised too. I"m thinking about Goerend...but that might take a while to get that kind of coin..

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
Full rebuild with more clutches, billet imput, converter, valve body. There's a guy in Waco that can build you a built tranny minus billet parts and without converter. His billet tripple disk is about 1000 and a billet imput in the 700 range. You could get away without the imput unless you want to do boosted launches. He knows what he is doing and there are a few guys on here that will agree with me on that. If you need his number to call and talk to him pm me and I'll get it for you.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah man if you could give me his number and stuff that'd be great. Even better that he's in Waco since I'll be there for four years starting in the fall.

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
I'll get it for you. He's one of my instructors at tstc, he does this after school and always has a bunch of business so it takes him some time.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Can always get a new dodge input then send it off to get cryo'd thats what i did and i have done boosted launches at the track

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Any more mods planned in the future ? What do you with it?

If you just daily drive it and pull loads and dong go to the track you may be able to get by with single disk billet tc and a valve body. Wouldn't hurt to get the whole thing looked over. But if your trying to a do a quick cheap fix thAt's the route I'd take

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mostly daily drive and loads here and there. I've actually never been to the track but I like to use the power from time to time. Pretty much my next plans for the truck after I get this tranny worked out is to get a good turbo for these injectors plus head studs and o rings.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
mostly daily drive and loads here and there. I've actually never been to the track but I like to use the power from time to time. Pretty much my next plans for the truck after I get this tranny worked out is to get a good turbo for these injectors plus head studs and o rings.
Ive got a billet single disc, it dont slip and it was about 700 dollars cheaper then a suncoast triple disc. I would get it all rebuilt with some good parts so you dont have to worry about it anymore.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah I was also thinking about taking the route you went Clay.. How difficult is it to install a valve body and tc?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
i know mine did the same thing. i went to take off and she shuddered then died. wouldnt move. thought it was the tc, so i bought one and had it installed. nothing! so i just had a built trans by brad's transmission in whitehouse texas. he does some badarse work. 2yr unlimted mileage warranty. the tc was toastes, the valve body, and the front drum(direct drum).

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i know Clay. I was just wondering if I did go the t.c and vb route how hard it would be. You got yours done at the place in leander right?

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
yeah i know Clay. I was just wondering if I did go the t.c and vb route how hard it would be. You got yours done at the place in leander right?
Yes i did, I would take it to get it professionally done imo.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had this problem on my truck before and after my tranny got built by allstar it wad my juice with attitude. It's the only problem I've had with it! But IDE get ur parts installed at allstar there legit as far as I'm conserned and I didn't even use there parts!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks man. I'm trying to make a dollar here for my transmission selling hay and you go and put up an ad on my thread...thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts