Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you know when your TC is on its way out? In sixth gear it feels like its letting go under hard acceleration about 70mph or so, give or take. Normal driving its fine. Just when I'm giving the skinny pedal a workout. Am I looking at a new TC?

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
How do you know when your TC is on its way out? In sixth gear it feels like its letting go under hard acceleration about 70mph or so, give or take. Normal driving its fine. Just when I'm giving the skinny pedal a workout. Am I looking at a new TC?
Your overdrive clutches are shot.At least you will need to pull the tranny and have those clutches changed out.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok but its happened in fifth as well.

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
Ok but its happened in fifth as well.
Fifth is usually the first gear to show signs of slipping because it is on along with the 4c clutch pack.The 4c clutch pack is very weak and it tends to be the first to go.Sixth gear is also a overdrive gear but it is on with the 2c clutch and its much bigger and tends to hold a little better.More than likely if you keep going the next gear to see a problem will be third,and once this happens fourth gear limp in will follow.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey I want to ask you some questions on the side PM me or let me know how to send you mail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts