Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98.5 24v, stock everything, my trans was slipping and was doing some weird thing where it would have load when im at a stop, like if i was pressing both pedals at the same time.
blamed the torque converter, removed it and when i installed it after a transmission place rebuilt it , it spun good when i put in in the tranny shaft, after i installed the first bolt i tried spinning the flex plate and it was very hard to spin, i took the tranny back down and im trying to spin the converter and it’s difficult to spin, even gets stuck at a point where i cant keep spinning it until i go backwards, tried pulling it out, also very hard , cant get it off. what’s going on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have a 98.5 24v, stock everything, my trans was slipping and was doing some weird thing where it would have load when im at a stop, like if i was pressing both pedals at the same time.
blamed the torque converter, removed it and when i installed it after a transmission place rebuilt it , it spun good when i put in in the tranny shaft, after i installed the first bolt i tried spinning the flex plate and it was very hard to spin, i took the tranny back down and im trying to spin the converter and it’s difficult to spin, even gets stuck at a point where i cant keep spinning it until i go backwards, tried pulling it out, also very hard , cant get it off. what’s g
solved

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
What was it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What was it?
sorry i didnt reply, didnt receive an email
but i didnt put the converter in correctly, the two teeth on the pump gear were crushed by the converter hub when i installed the tranny back in the engine , and tightened it up , which was why when i tried to remove it it was hard to pull out , i had to pry it out with two prybars .. wont happen to me again though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts