Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been studying tc switches and controllers. the controllers seem to be the best bet but they are designed mainly for braking with the engine and low rpm pulling. I need something to stop the heating from around town driving and the 40 to 50 mph vibration. Let me hear from ya'll, especially Max340.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm not sure why you have a vibration from 40-50 MPH.

The trans controllers will give you full control over TCC operation. Downside is they need the VB from the same manufacturer.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
the tc switch does not do whole lot to improve anything. I have it. I can smoke the world out it, which is nice for a chuckle. I think it might help in case I was going to drag race. It seems to go right to at least 3rd gear and lockup then go to OD. It will not shift down with switch on. It will not stop either if you forget to turn it off. Ask me how I found that one out. I did it to try it out, not really any advantage to having it that I can find unless for racing. I think the VB and controller would be the way to go if you need something.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I WAS READING FROM A TDR FORUM ON HOW TO BUILD A SIMPLE LOCKUP CIRCUIT ON THE '04. THE PROBLEM WAS (AND I BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT ALL OF YOU HAVE REFERED TO) IT STAYS ON CONSTANTLY. YOU HAVE TO TURN IT OFF WHEN BRAKING. VERY DANGEROUS! I SAT DOWN AND DREW OUT A SCHEMATIC ON HOW TO DEENERGIZE IT WHEN BRAKING. I CAN DO THIS TO HAVE IT TURN OFF COMPLETELY WHEN YOU TOUCH THE BRAKE PETAL OR JUST WHEN HOLDING THE BRAKE PETAL. I AM DOING THIS WITH RELAYS. I WANT TO CHECK FURTHER TO SEE IF I CAN DO IT WITH TRANSISTORS. IF I CAN THIS CAN BE BUILT FOR UNDER $25.00 . I DO NEED SOME HELP HERE. I NEED EITHER A POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE CHARGE COMING FROM THE BRAKE CIRCUITS. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE WIRES ON THE BRAKE PETAL SWITCH ARE OR A PLACE UNDER THE HOOD TO TAP INTO THE BRAKE LIGHT ON THE BACK OF THE ROOF(CARGO LIGHT/BRAKE LIGHT)? WRITE TO ME AND I'LL SEND YOU A COPY OF MY SCHEMATIC. [email protected] .

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
bd makes a controller, ask JBarker (John)about it i think i'm gonna be getting one from him

1 - 6 of 6 Posts