Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, my converter is slipping now after towning 6K out over the mountains, whats the next step? do i replace it, or just let it keep slipping till it dies and replace whole trans with a goerend?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yep, my converter is slipping now after towning 6K out over the mountains, whats the next step? do i replace it, or just let it keep slipping till it dies and replace whole trans with a goerend?
I would plan it out for when you want it done have everything with you when you go to put it in. I had mine die and its a complete PITA truck is down for quite a bit.

Whats your plans for your truck? Check out Jeff Garmon Garmons Diesel Performance Home

Jeff is definitely the best in the game. They are extremely busy and may not answer the phone first time.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
more than likely if the slip aint too bad you can drive it but light on the throttle i did on mine and it sucks, but once you get the new stuff its awesome, once you plan on doing it or getting it done, get yourself a triple disc and high flowing v/b at the minimum..if your power output will eventually increase over 500-600 and your gonna pull and boosted launches get yourself some billet shafts, maybe a higher flowing oil pump and deep pan:thumbsup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing im worried about is the t/c giving up and trashing the trans?

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
The only thing im worried about is the t/c giving up and trashing the trans?
What would that matter if you are going to rebuild the whole thing anyway? I would take it easy and put the money aside for a built trany and TC. Do it at the same time. Not fun pulling it out more than once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts