Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently joined the Cummins family by buying a 2013 2500. It’s been downshifting pretty weird on one of the CTT tunes I’d been running and seen people posting their CVI numbers along with the torque converter slip rpms from ez lynk. Just installed another tune and going through the drive relearn process on the tranny, but my TC slip rpms are hanging out around 700 at idle and fluctuate a lot while driving. Are those numbers normal? Trying to figure out if I need a new converter. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I mean the slip is gonna be all over the place until you get into a gear that is commanded to lock the converter…. I think on stock tunes it wouldn’t lock until 4th? But not sure what CTT tune you are running and what your commanded shifts are.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean the slip is gonna be all over the place until you get into a gear that is commanded to lock the converter…. I think on stock tunes it wouldn’t lock until 4th? But not sure what CTT tune you are running and what your commanded shifts are.
I was running the 4.2, switched to LBF 2.1D and it seems way smoother, but haven’t had to downshift yet with it and going through the trans relearn still.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Yeah I have commanded locked 3-6 shifts so mine locks pretty early. I don’t usually have my ezlynk up on my phone just cause I have a cts3 to use as a monitor but I may hook it up and take some screen shots for you tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have commanded locked 3-6 shifts so mine locks pretty early. I don’t usually have my ezlynk up on my phone just cause I have a cts3 to use as a monitor but I may hook it up and take some screen shots for you tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well I guess my numbers seem fine then, just hope going through a trans relearn will smoothup the downshifting a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.