Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who's herd of Precision Industries? they make torque converters and i have a chance to buy one for a decent price. just wondering how good they are. as far as i know its a triple disk, and he said it can handle up to 450 horse.

heres the link to their site:

Precision Industries

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
move to powertrain forum..

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anybody have any input?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
If I were you I would PM sponsor "Jackthebear3" and ask him about his Super single converter. I'm running it and it is amazing.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is the main difference between single disc and triple?

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Not like the others......
4,190 Posts
what is the main difference between single disc and triple?
That is the number of lock-up clutches in the converter. When you start making higher hp/tq. numbers, the cluthces in the TC are more prone to slip under a load. With a higher # of lock-up cluthces they have less of a tendencey to slip. BUT, there are some companies that make a good single disk that will hold lots of power.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stay away from triple disk? or single disk? or precision industries?

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
A good single disc with multiple clutch faces on it is the way to go IMHO. less rotation weight and less chance of breaking input shafts. Also triple disc converters really lug the motor down on lock up and can kill you rpms and boost levels when they lock up.
check these out for one of the best convereters out there
BD Power - Product: Torque Converters

John:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
6,910 Posts
Also triple disc converters really lug the motor down on lock up and can kill you rpms and boost levels when they lock up.
That's called loading the engine and if you have enough power it WILL NOT 'kill' boost. Also RPM drop during lock-up is based on the stator design not the number of lock up clutches.

I'll agree with you on the single disc. Single disc 89%.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha i wish i had that option when i bought it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts