Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The T.C. in my stock 47re is on it's way out and I want to upgrade. I don't plan on seeing more than 300hp out of my truck and I tow 6500lb. pretty regular. I know all about ATS and Suncoast converters but I don't have that kind of money right now. Is there an affordable T.C. out there that will do good for my app.? Is a large single disc worth considering or is dual disk the way to go? I'd like to keep it under $600. Any suggestions? I would also consider a good used.
Thanks!!
Dave

·
Registered
425 Posts
Performance Torque Converters | RevMax Get ahold of these guys, Ive been thinking about getting one from them when I get the money. I haven't heard any bad reviews on their products. I believe a few guys on the forum are using them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I guess its settled, when I have the money.. Im going RevMax.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a good, affordable converter. Too bad the core charge is $350. I can't afford to have my truck down for half a month and adding the core to the price brings it up to $750 not including shipping. What do they want my stock non-billet core for anyway??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Unfortunately all converter builders will require a core. All of them reclaim the impeller housing and therefore need your core..... Sucks, but unless you find a used stock unit or something you will have to pay the core somewhere! Or like you said take your original out and send it to one of the rebuilders in advance and then you would not have a core charge I would think!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah for affordable I would probably go with a revmax...you could also check out daaco....they are not a huge known company for diesel converters but they are a really good company..their stuff is made pretty close to where I live and for what you are looking for I think their's would hold up perfect...and they are very affordable

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
revmax are good - I have their 3x disk - speak with Frank and he'll work with you on the core (give you more time).

else

KT Performance

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
revmax are good - I have their 3x disk - speak with Frank and he'll work with you on the core (give you more time).

else

KT Performance

Reactions: jakeandkatiesdad

·
Registered
699 Posts
i used a reccon converter in my last cummins, i think i had $350 into it. low stall, held great with some performance work, and i was bogging mine and beating the hell out of it.

another option is dtt, they have a sale on thier single disc i think for $585. check it out on there link in the sponsor section.

for just a touch more in the $700 range m&j makes a killer converter too.

·
Registered
663 Posts
My DTT single just got in today...and that is one heavy mutha. I am so looking forward to installing it...I just can't wait...I'm all giddy...really.

I pray to every stinkin' god that ever was or ever will be that this is my last trans removal/install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts