Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im possibly looking into either the topguncustomz 6 inch or 8 inch short arm lift. does anyone have these installed and could shed some light on these? im simply looking for a jacked up look that rides well down the road and can do ok off-road. its not gonna be an off-road machine. are these worth the money or should i look at upgrading to another company?

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would opt for the long arms. I know they are a bit more expensive but when your getting up to 6" and especially 8" the long arms make a huge difference. Short arms are at to sharp of an angle and cause a harsher ride when you start getting that tall. IMHO.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I would opt for the long arms. I know they are a bit more expensive but when your getting up to 6" and especially 8" the long arms make a huge difference. Short arms are at to sharp of an angle and cause a harsher ride when you start getting that tall. IMHO.
I second the long arms....6 or 8 is too high without them. Spend the extra money...you wont be sorry.
I have dealt with topguncustomz and have nothing but good things to say about them :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well I half agree with these 2 fellas. The 8" definitly needs the long arms if you after a good ride. The short arms will work, but itll ride like a freight train.

The 6" however will be fine with the short arms. Just get a quality shock and itll ride good.

Goos Luck to ya.
Joe E.

·
Registered
82 Posts
kadishack63,
i'll post a reply on sunday, i ordered the short arm 8" for my dually, putting it on this weekend,
i wanted the long arm kit, but i didn't want to cut the stock hangers off the frame.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will a 6inch lift be enough to allow 275/80/22.5 inch tires if i decide to get them? or will i need the 8inch lift?

·
Registered
606 Posts
There's a guy on here who has the 8" short arm from TGC, I think his name is Skitzo. That's his grey truck on the TGC web pics for that lift. I talked to Colby at TGC and he said that particular kit rode very well.

·
Registered
974 Posts
If your going to lift your truck go with long arms because the truck will ride 10 times better. Top gun is a good lift kit and when I buy a lift kit it will be from them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts