Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im having issues with my truck yet again.. i have horrible top end. from a dead stop i can make 40lbs of boost with my setup now.. still seems low but whatever. my problem now is when im on the freeway trying to pass someone my truck only builds 32lbs and creeps off.. is this normal? i dont feel like im getting fuel up top.. could this be cause i dont have the drag comp unlock?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I also have a holley blue, I know it sucks but 18idle 12wot. Any ideas whats goin on? my map sensor is.bad so I unplugged it, been running like that for awhile now till I.can afford one.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
That might be your problem, everything fuels with boost, and with it unplugged the boost reading will remain the same.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm ok, with it unplugged it smokes like crazy down low, but with it unplugged from the sensor.but still plugged into the comp piggy tail shouldnt it just be fooling it to max fuel all the time?

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Im not 100% positive, but most boost foolers use resistors to only allow a max voltage to the ECM. maybe someone will know for sure

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea someone chime in on the map sensor? Could this be my problem it being unplugged? I knowbits bad cause if I plug it.in my truck has no power at all. Unplugged seems fine but smokes alot on the.bottom end.. I just feel im running out of fuel up top

·
Banned
768 Posts
Yea someone chime in on the map sensor? Could this be my problem it being unplugged? I knowbits bad cause if I plug it.in my truck has no power at all. Unplugged seems fine but smokes alot on the.bottom end.. I just feel im running out of fuel up top
I'm sure its not helping it any, I would be more concerned about fixing known issues before worrying about overall power.

:doh:"You can polish a turd all you want but in the end it will still be a shiny turd".:doh:

I see this way to common on here, people wants to buy the biggest..... tuner, turbos, injectors, and put it on an engine with known problems and then wonder why it will not preform like they want it. Fix the known issues then work from there.

I would also consider looking into a slipping tranny whether it be auto or manual.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I know its not helping.. I just dont have the xtra cash to buy a map sensor. Sk I unplugged it so I could drive my truck.

I know 90% of the issue my truck has im just tryin to figure why I can.boost 40psi from a stop or.a punch from 40 but when im on the freeway cruising at 65 it wont fuel hard and im lucky to boost 30ish. I just did a trans go shift kit last week,btrans seems pretty firm now.

·
Banned
768 Posts
Well I know its not helping.. I just dont have the xtra cash to buy a map sensor. Sk I unplugged it so I could drive my truck.

I know 90% of the issue my truck has im just tryin to figure why I can.boost 40psi from a stop or.a punch from 40 but when im on the freeway cruising at 65 it wont fuel hard and im lucky to boost 30ish. I just did a trans go shift kit last week,btrans seems pretty firm now.
You cant diagnose something with other known issues staring you in the face lol.

If it was me I wouldn't worry about my top end until I had all issues fixed. If you start with a chity foundation you will get chity results. I'm not trying to bash just stating the truth.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess im not being clear, my map sensor just failed.. The truck has had this issue for awhile, even when my map sensor was working., my fuel pressure is fine, never drops below 12psi. I dont have.any codes. ive checked for boost leaks and nothing. Only thing I can think of is trans slippage, or its defueling for some reason.

·
Banned
768 Posts
I guess im not being clear, my map sensor just failed.. The truck has had this issue for awhile, even when my map sensor was working., my fuel pressure is fine, never drops below 12psi. I dont have.any codes. ive checked for boost leaks and nothing. Only thing I can think of is trans slippage, or its defueling for some reason.
Im guessing the trans is slipping but you could check for a weak wastegate or a cracked manifold.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Manifold looks fine on the top portion, need to.get a.mirror and look underneath.

Yea im not sure.on the map, I was drivin to my inlaws and truck hiccuped and had no power at all I mean it felt like I had 50hp. So I unplugged it and.it ran fine. Unless the edge needs to see true readings to work right im not sure. I believe alot of guys on here run with map unplugged.

·
Banned
768 Posts
Manifold looks fine on the top portion, need to.get a.mirror and look underneath.

Yea im not sure.on the map, I was drivin to my inlaws and truck hiccuped and had no power at all I mean it felt like I had 50hp. So I unplugged it and.it ran fine. Unless the edge needs to see true readings to work right im not sure. I believe alot of guys on here run with map unplugged.
if the edge didn't need it they wouldn't waste there money on the wire that goes to it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
That might be your problem, everything fuels with boost, and with it unplugged the boost reading will remain the same.
Hmmm ok, with it unplugged it smokes like crazy down low, but with it unplugged from the sensor.but still plugged into the comp piggy tail shouldnt it just be fooling it to max fuel all the time?
if the boost reading is null and constant then no matter how much boost or skinny pedal you give it it will fuel the same amount. ie, the same reading can be too much down low and not enough up high.

fix the map.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright, I need to find.one, whos the cheapest on maps? Napa wants 130 for it!.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts