Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 19 Laramie. Has anybody found a cover that doesn’t leak? I had a trifold bakflip on my 16 tradesman and it would leak. I did keep that cover. Will it even fit the 19 beds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
5,275 Posts
If it's the same bed size, yes. the bed is unchanged between 10 and 20 (and this will most likely continue until the 5th gens come out in 2022+/-

As to finding one that doesn't leak, you will need to find one the completely covers the bed, including the rails, and stake pockets. Most likely a solid one piece would be your best bet to prevent leakage. They also prevent a lot of use for your bed, so it's your call. My soft roll up tonneau cover prevents 99% of weather from penetrating, and i know that's good enough for me, because anything that can be easily damaged doesn't go in the bed, or doesn't get left in the bed/ But that's just me and my needs for the cover

·
Registered
96 Posts
Get a tailgate seal/weather stripping. You'd be surprised how much of that leak comes up/in through the bottom/sides of the tailgate. It keeps out dust, too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a Diamondback on my 18’ Tacoma. After an automatic car wash, I might have 1/2 a cup in the bed.
There are things I can do to help, but it doesn’t bother me at all. Very secure and heavy duty, love it!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Leer fiberglass one-piece has kept the bed bone dry for 22 years through some very rough weather, and has proved to be very durable. Loki is correct about load height limitations - removals are challenging for even three people given the weight of the fiberglass unit, and the need to tilt it upward to properly align the aluminum hinge plates to avoid bending them. The "tri-folds" are more utilitarian, but "drainage" is a down-side, some units even require the installation of drilled drain tubes. I have to admit the solid unit has spoiled me … it converted the bed to an oversized reliably weather-tight "trunk".

·
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance
3,390 Posts
I as well had a 200.00 roll up cover and was happy as can be. It kept everything dry for the most part. Every once in awhile there might be a little wetness from around the tailgate area like stated or when i would drop the tailgate and forget that there was water sitting there because im short and didnt' see it lol!

I think you will be fine with whatever you choose and can afford. The extra weather stripping is never a bad idea but as long as you take the time to install it correctly and tightly i think youll be impressed.

My cover rails did sit on top of my bed rails instead of being an extreme lo pro so that helped a lot.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have had two Ranch Fiberglass solid one piece units...If you dont have a gooseneck or 5th wheel you can prob get by with it. I had one and put camping gear in the bed. Never any water. I loved it. Color paint match was great and they used Axalta paints. Lifetime warranty if i recall correctly. If your military or LE they usually will throw in a free upgrade, bedlight/carpet liner.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Obscure brand but it doesn't leak, even on the wet coast. I've used caps for decades but switched gears this time around. Too many occasions where I needed to get something tallish into the bed. I like this cover cuz there's no attaching parts. Nothing needs to be screwed/bolted to the box. And I (unaided) can remove the whole affair in about two minutes.

https://www.enthuze.ca/product-detail/ACTENT046509/enthuze-hard-tri-fold-tonneau-cover

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Obscure brand but it doesn't leak, even on the wet coast. I've used caps for decades but switched gears this time around. Too many occasions where I needed to get something tallish into the bed. I like this cover cuz there's no attaching parts. Nothing needs to be screwed/bolted to the box. And I (unaided) can remove the whole affair in about two minutes.

https://www.enthuze.ca/product-detail/ACTENT046509/enthuze-hard-tri-fold-tonneau-cover

I might give this one a try.

·
Registered
289 Posts

That’s the exact cover Rough Country sells for $300 less.
I have it on my work truck and is super easy to remove.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts