Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if any of you guys put a tonneau cover on your long bed and used a shorter tonneau cover to be able to access your toolbox. What size tonneau cover did you use.

Thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
You can google Truxedo and look on their site. It actually shows covers for just what you are talking about. I think it calls for a 22" box. That measurement is front of box to rear. Comes with a seal that fits between cover and box.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
What do you want to spend? I have a truck covers USA roll up cover that rolls up into a canister and you can get a separate tool box to sit on top of the canister part that you already lost in bed space. They have two options for tool box sizes, one that is smaller and only fits the width of the canister which is what I have on my mega cab or you can get a full size toolbox that pushes the canister closer to the tailgate. Expensive but I’ve had my for several years and wouldn’t go with anything else as I can keep my ratchet straps and some tools in the box and have my bed secured or opened in a matter of seconds.

·
Registered
678 Posts
They do make them for just that. You have to search around to find one tho. This is what I have on my 2nd gen.
Screenshot_2020-07-05-09-04-32.png

Reactions: Zacedward
1 - 5 of 5 Posts