Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finaly had to go see if i had the dreaded 53 block . Sadly enough i do :CRY: . The first time i read about the 53 block i got a gut feeling and didint want to go look so i never did . But tonight i gave in . I just hit 206k . No leaks so far block is spotless . Should i worry or would she have cracked by now ?:w:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I read somewhere that if they are going to crack your would have already.. they usually crack between 100k or so

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet hopefully she stays fine . But if worse comes to worse ill have to drop a 7.3 in her :rof:lol3:

·
Registered
4,116 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
yall are to funny with the 53 hiped up crap...

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts
for what i have heard only about 20% of them crack

i too have a 53 with over 200,000 miles on the clock

Scott

·
Registered
661 Posts
i dont think the 7.3 is that bad (i still like my 5.9 more) fords used it for many years but they screwed up with the 6.0.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i dont think the 7.3 is that bad (i still like my 5.9 more) fords used it for many years but they screwed up with the 6.0.
the 7.3 is a workhorse! its just not real powerful LOL

its reliable, and pulls 15,000 lbs like no big deal....that with a 2wd crew cab loaded with guys and coolers on the way to the race track too!

its not a bad motor for around stock usage, but a cummins is far better for makin power thats for sure

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
7.3's are pretty bullet proof, had a 94 td (mechanical) great truck but got tired of watching all the cummins passing me on every hill

·
Registered
26 Posts
53 Block

Don't worry about your 53 block. Mine has 150,000 miles on it, 20,000 of those @ the numbers in my sig, and those numbers are about to go way up! Enjoy your truck, my friend. Vern:thumbsup

·
Registered
70 Posts
53 block

i have 308,000 on my 1998.5 4x4 qaud cab long box, no cracks block is spotless!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I got 140,000 on my 53 block and I think the worst part of it is when your heater core goes bad and while your replacing it you break everything else and dont have the money to fix it. So then its sitting in your driveway all torn apart and you cant drive it.
Piece of crap 53 blocks.
:banghead:

·
Registered
751 Posts
over 275,000 with all my mods no crack

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
up tp 225,000 poerwteering fluid all over a belt sqeel from hell but no cracks :lol4:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts