Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Alabama Chapter VP
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 2 options here. I decided awhile back to go with EFI and I haven't had the cash for awhile so I haven't been staying up to date with CSP. I had a mini maxx so originally my plan was to use a bullydog watchdog for gauges since I can use the h&s pyro. I was gonna use an OBD splitter. I read while back that Edge will support CSP. So I guess my questions are, has anyone used an OBD splitter for a monitor and EFI? And should I get the edge CS $300 plus $100 for a new pyro, or the bullydog $200 if the splitter works?

Sent from my iCummins

·
3 footin' through life
12,300 Posts
Edge all the way for your gauge needs. Its been rumored that Edge will be supporting CSP. I don't know if thats accurate yet. If it is true, no splitter required.

Why'd you post in the 6.7 forums also?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Edge love it and anarchy diesel to hook you up with efi live

·
World Champs!!!
24,232 Posts
Edge supporting CSP isn't a rumor, it's been made official by both Edge and EFILive like two months ago, maybe longer.

Definitely get the CTS, the larger screen is muy bueno. For datalogging purposes, I see no issue in disconnecting the Edge. I'm sure being without those gauges temporarily won't be an issue while logging, even on a 1200+hp truck

·
3 footin' through life
12,300 Posts
Good to know. Us 05 guys get outta the loop on all the hip new trends.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Good info guys, im looking into sort of the same thing, just not as technical sounding,(if that makes sense), im looking at getting EFI live by anarchy, and going with the edge CTS would that be a good match ?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes that Wat I have in my truck and love it. Just talk to Phil at anarchy he will hook u up and great customer service and will answer any question u have

Reactions: 3brorce

·
Alabama Chapter VP
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much of a pain is it to unhook everytime you change tunes?

Sent from my iCummins

·
World Champs!!!
24,232 Posts
Not hard at all. All you gotta do when you plug it back in is re-select the Chrysler option and let it read the ECM and do what it does. Adds minimal time

·
Alabama Chapter VP
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok cool, I didn't realize that was you Phil. Lol

Sent from my iCummins

·
Alabama Chapter VP
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well good to know. I've considered gauges but they're so dern expensive. Plus for less money you can view 4 parameters with a monitor vs 3 with gauges but I guess ill still have load the files the same way so I guess edge is the way to go, just don't see the bonus of the extra $100 for the cts. Sucks ill have to buy a new pyro

Sent from my iCummins

·
3 footin' through life
12,300 Posts
Edge CTS is definitely the way to go. You can view 8 parameters at once on CTS. I run the analog 5 up screen usually. I have 8 configured with alarms. If any of those 3 that aren't shown on the 5 up screen go past your preset alarm limits the screen switches to the 8 up screen and the offending reading flashes red and beeps at you.

·
Alabama Chapter VP
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How many can you view with the cs? I just don't know if I wanna spend the extra $100.

Phil, anyone ever experience axle wrap with the a similar tune that ill get?

Sent from my iCummins

·
Supporting Vendors
9,594 Posts
How many can you view with the cs? I just don't know if I wanna spend the extra $100.

Phil, anyone ever experience axle wrap with the a similar tune that ill get?

Sent from my iCummins
Spend the hunnert bucks, it's nice having the bigger screen.

·
Alabama Chapter VP
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You will most likely get some axle wrap yes if you dont have bars that is almost a given but not many have brought it up to me that htey have noticed it.
Im not very knowledgeable about it, is it dangerous?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts