Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have everything painted on my truck now but getting other ideas also, should i paint the bumpers or just the black plastic on them give me some idea guys....

thats what it looks like now but with smoked cab lights.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I went with a 2 tone paint, but I really like my painted rear bumper. I'm kinda on a low chrome kick right now. I left the plastic pieces black.

By the way, I like how your headlights turned out. What sort of a job was that?

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you paint too much, it's gonna make the truck look too busy IMO..I Painted my door handles, grille, front and rear bumper then called it quits..I'd say leave it alone, the chrome on the bumpers goes with the chrome rims..

·
World Champs!!!
24,232 Posts
:agree2: It can be over done, and its borderline there already. Too much paint and not enough to break it up just tends to look goofy

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
do paint the bumpers.... go back to black mirrors, and black out the b-pillar. i wish i woulndt have passed on this color, it is my favorite and i think a sport version would kick .

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for all the tips wish i could find a sport bumper. but oh well mights just paint the plastics and leave the chrome bumpers that would look sick i think

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and lenny the headlights yea they look good but damn they can be a pain in the a** to do also, i think im going to put some eyelids on top of that give it a different look

·
Registered
707 Posts
unless your planning on black wheels Id say stop now.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
na should i kept the painted headlights or go back to stock ones smoked

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ights guys yet again if i put replacements should i get them the same color as the truck or just keep the black on them front and rear what ya'lls opinion on that!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like the look of the painted lights, keeps it clean without jumping out at you. I really like the idea of black mirrors and B pillar or even just the b-pillar to make it look like one big window. Do you have a head on shot with the painted lights?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i could get one and put it up. but i want to put some replacements on it so thats the deal now should i leave em or paint em? and also on the headlights im going to put a light smoke to them and clear em with them being painted inside also

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
why not look into a vinyl wrap for your bumpers, im doing this exact thing on my white 08, didnt want to paint the chrome, so i am going to try and have them wrapped, should hold up fine.

·
Illinois Chapter President
1,157 Posts
why not look into a vinyl wrap for your bumpers, im doing this exact thing on my white 08, didnt want to paint the chrome, so i am going to try and have them wrapped, should hold up fine.
Warlock, do you know where to get something like that done? I was going to paint my chrome but if I can find wraps for reasonable then I will do that. Thx.

·
World Champs!!!
24,232 Posts
ights guys yet again if i put replacements should i get them the same color as the truck or just keep the black on them front and rear what ya'lls opinion on that!!!
Painted black would look alright. Ive yet to see body-color painted headlights (other than black) that look good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts