Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing and took a video on my way home yesterday, I could have made it smoke more but I was in the wrong rpm range. Check it out!

YouTube - REVOlution TNT

·
Registered
293 Posts
wow thats alot of smoke!!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
What were your EGT's running?

·
Registered
26 Posts
can deff tell its the tnt version the regular revo doesnt smoke nearly as much the tnt revo roles some coal. nice video btw.

·
Registered
93 Posts
my god dude, thats a lot of smoke.

·
Registered
54 Posts
so i have a question i am thinking of buying a smarty from my 07 5.9L auto, do i have to do any mods to the trans if i use it on the sw9 or any other settings. i had some people tell me that the stock tranny is rated to 600hp and it should be ok. all i'm looking to do is hit the 500 hp mark and that is good enough for me due to it being my daily driver. any help you can give would be nice:popcorn:

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
All I want to know is where the smoke is? I didn't see any!..

:p That's how you roll coal. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
brew you need to have some mods doen for sure, the stock trans will not hold that power, vb and torque converter is a start

·
Registered
54 Posts
ok what if i didn't go with the tnt and just did the regular smarty?

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
so i have a question i am thinking of buying a smarty from my 07 5.9L auto, do i have to do any mods to the trans if i use it on the sw9 or any other settings. i had some people tell me that the stock tranny is rated to 600hp and it should be ok. all i'm looking to do is hit the 500 hp mark and that is good enough for me due to it being my daily driver. any help you can give would be nice:popcorn:
I can't say that your buddies are wrong because I'm rolling in a G56. One thing I do know is that my last truck was a D-Max w/ a Allison obviously and the first thing it did when I programmed it was slip like crazy. I don't know nothing about the new 6 speed auto but I'm almost sure you'll need some upgrades. :thumbsup

·
Registered
54 Posts
i lucked out and mine is the 5speed auto it is one of the last 5.9L.i was told that pretty much after may they started putting the 6.7L with the 6 speed auto stick in them. if i were to do an upgrade on the tranny what would i need? and if i didn't would it be covered by the warrenty?

·
Registered
26 Posts
anything higher than sw3 on stock tranny on tnt revo i would recommend upgrading for long tranny life. i have ran mine and a buddys all the way up to sw5 on mine and sw9 on my buddies 05 with no problems but for only like 200 miles and deff would not do those power levels on a dd basis. anyway way you would like sw3 tnt revo on stock torque,rp, and it settings. i have a very very close buddy of mine for sale thats already loaded with tnt revo in for sale section : ) with a lil video of smoke at almost normal acceleration and track times.

yeah got smoked is correct atleast a tq converter and vb should be good for 500hp and imo you will adventually need a big turbo to .

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It doesn't even sound like you are getting on it at first and yet there is still alot of smoke!!
I wasn't:lol3: If I would have dropped a gear and hammered it there would have been alot more smoke:lol3:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts