Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

TNT on stock fuel system

1236 Views 20 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  1baddiesel
will i be able to run my tnt on my stock fuel system with no lift pump??? also do u get tnt from mads website and download it to the programmer
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
890 Posts
will i be able to run my tnt on my stock fuel system with no lift pump??? also do u get tnt from mads website and download it to the programmer
A stock fuel system will not be able to keep up with the fueling demands of the TNT and you will more than likely starve your Cp3 causing even more problems.. The TNT software from smarty was designed for moddified trucks and with a stock engine you will not be able to take full advantage of it.. The TNT can be downloaded from Mads Electronics - Smarty - CaTCHER - Dodge Tuning - Home

· Registered
14,163 Posts
I purchased an AirDog 150 and a Hellmann sump while my tranny was being built because I knew I would be running the TNT software. I got the truck back and loaded up the TNT just to see what it would do. Ran great! :)

I put the header, turbo, and gauges on and it was holding great pressure. even on level 9!!

now, would I benefit in the midrange with the fuel system and a CP3 upgrade? I'm sure I would. But for the time being, I'm quite pleased with the performance. No, I do not have a fuel pressure gauge between the lift pump and the CP3. (not sure I want to know!!! hahaha)

also, FWIW, my current fuel filter has at LEAST 20k miles on it that I know of! LOL

· Premium Member
890 Posts
:shock: I'd def. would be running a fuel pressure guage it's alot cheaper than a new Cp3..

· Registered
830 Posts
before upgrades, i ran tnt for almost 6 months on stock fuel system. ran fine for me all the way up to 9.

· Banned
28,330 Posts
I run mine on TNT 9 w/ all stock fuel system and I hold 25kpsi of rail pressure at full boogie
I purchased an AirDog 150 and a Hellmann sump while my tranny was being built because I knew I would be running the TNT software. I got the truck back and loaded up the TNT just to see what it would do. Ran great! :)

I put the header, turbo, and gauges on and it was holding great pressure. even on level 9!!

now, would I benefit in the midrange with the fuel system and a CP3 upgrade? I'm sure I would. But for the time being, I'm quite pleased with the performance. No, I do not have a fuel pressure gauge between the lift pump and the CP3. (not sure I want to know!!! hahaha)

also, FWIW, my current fuel filter has at LEAST 20k miles on it that I know of! LOL
x2. All stock fuel system, no fuel press. gauge, for that matter the rail press. gauge suddenly stopped working :doh:

· Premium Member
890 Posts
The TNT/R is for the ones looking to spin their engines to 4k rpm.. You need all the suporting mods to get this program from bob..:thumbsup:

· Registered
96 Posts
Air dog or Fass first then Smarty. My Smarty on Revo droped the pressure below 2lbs. at WOT. Fine now with TNT and Raptor 150.

· Premium Member
890 Posts
All good info. I've been debating on downloading the tnt tune myself.
Its def. a more powerful software than just the standard revo just start on a lower setting and work your way up... I dont see a rail pressure gauge in your signature and if i were you i would invest in one..:thumbsup:

· Premium Member
158 Posts
Nope no rail pressure gauge yet but I will get one before I download the tnt. Thanks smoking5.9L. Pretty huge difference from revo to tnt is there ?

· Premium Member
890 Posts
Nope no rail pressure gauge yet but I will get one before I download the tnt. Thanks smoking5.9L. Pretty huge difference from revo to tnt is there ?
Yup you'll notice a difference just make sure you have the RP guage installed before you download the new software...

· Premium Member
158 Posts
I will be adding the gauge along with a mp-8. Might be draining the rail then but we will have to see.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.