Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

TNT injection timing

2320 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  stinnett25
i just downloaded it last night just courious if i run the injection timing on #1(stock) or #2(aftermarket injectors)
i dont have after market injectors. so i was a little confused
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Wyoming BAMF
1,692 Posts
you would probably be ok with the stock or aftermarket setting... the aftermarket setting just takes some of the timing out of the tune since bigger injectors add timing.... Listen to your truck if you get bad rattle then lower the timing and see if that takes care of it...

· Registered
819 Posts
you would probably be ok with the stock or aftermarket setting... the aftermarket setting just takes some of the timing out of the tune since bigger injectors add timing.... Listen to your truck if you get bad rattle then lower the timing and see if that takes care of it...

#1 Stock
#4 More timing than stock
#3 More timing than #4
#2 Adds the MOST TIMING

Its almost as bad as... "Whos on first!!"...............:hehe:

· Registered
819 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
0- Most Advanced (Default timing)
1- Stock OEM Cummins Timing
2- Less advance than 0, for after market injectors
3- Less Advance than 2, for big injectors
4- Less advance than 3, for nitrous

· Registered
819 Posts
0- Most Advanced (Default timing)
1- Stock OEM Cummins Timing
2- Less advance than 0, for after market injectors
3- Less Advance than 2, for big injectors
4- Less advance than 3, for nitrous

Thanks for the info on default........:thumbsup:

· Registered
225 Posts
Well most of the posts above I agree with. But I would like to clarify that #0 Timing is not a setting, it just puts Timing back to the defaults. On the TNT software defaults are as follows.

The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ). To avoid confusion and to help the customer in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels.

Timing values have been posted by a member for TNT using data logging equipment. I believe that they are reasonably accurate.

Most to least:

#2 For Aftermarket Injectors 21*
#3 Less than 2 for Large Aftermarket Injectors 18*
#4 Less than 3 for Nitrous 16*
#1 Stock 12*

Take the numbers with a grain of salt since I am just reposting from other post.

· GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,525 Posts
tnt timing is as follows....

Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for aftermarket injectors
# 3 - for Hugh aftermarket Injectors ( less timing advance than # 2 )
# 4 – for use with NOs ( less timing advance than level # 3 )
The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock timing.

· Registered
819 Posts
Well most of the posts above I agree with. But I would like to clarify that #0 Timing is not a setting, it just puts Timing back to the defaults. On the TNT software defaults are as follows.

The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ). To avoid confusion and to help the customer in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels.

Timing values have been posted by a member for TNT using data logging equipment. I believe that they are reasonably accurate.

Most to least:

#2 For Aftermarket Injectors 21*
#3 Less than 2 for Large Aftermarket Injectors 18*
#4 Less than 3 for Nitrous 16*
#1 Stock 12*

Take the numbers with a grain of salt since I am just reposting from other post.
WHEW!!! Thanks... I thought I was losing my mind!!......

1...STOCK.....
2...THE MOST TIMING
3...Less than #2 TIMING
4...Less than #3 TIMING........

In order in plain language...........:thumbsup:

DEFAULT odd #========#2!!!!!!!! Even#=========.STOCK............:thumbsup:

· GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,525 Posts
WHEW!!! Thanks... I thought I was losing my mind!!......

1...STOCK.....
2...THE MOST TIMING
3...Less than #2 TIMING
4...Less than #3 TIMING........

In order in plain language...........:thumbsup:

DEFAUL========#2!!!!!!!!.............:thumbsup:
glad we could help.... lol

· Registered
1,444 Posts
I run my timing on 2 and even with my dr.p on I still can not get my truck to rattle?????

· Bangin' through the gears
5,521 Posts
I run my timing on 2 and even with my dr.p on I still can not get my truck to rattle?????
Well that's good.....Do you want it to or something? Or are you just wondering if something is up with your rig because you feel you should be hearing some rattle? Default settings revo mine was rattling a lil' on 7 and a ton on 9. TNT = no rattle for me

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
Man am i glad i stick with the Beta programs. :banghead::doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.