Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any danger in downloading the Revo TNT software level #9 with a stock lift pump and CP3? This is just to play around with on the way to work and back.

I've read about the pressure dropping too much and just trying to make sure I don't damage anything.

I'm currently running the SW#5, rp mild, timing mild, TQ 3 moderate on the regular Revo.

When I pull into the garage (shop) in the mornings there are several people standing around that need to get a good smoking, (they think it's funny). On the lower tunes I'm running for better mileage I can't really give them a good puff.

The TNT would just be for a easy ride to work and then give them a nice romp right as I'm easing by. Again, it's just for joking around and I know better than to stomp it on the highway. I just don't want to mess anything up like my CP3 by draining the rail on the way to work or something else I haven't thought of.

P.S.-----My dealer wanted $99 to change my fuel filter and another $69 for the [cabin filter??]. I know your lining up to take yours there now. Do I get in line behind you?

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
You *should* be fine...my fuel pressure has never dropped below 5psi with any SW + pressure box...even with a very dirty filter. You can't "hurt" anything by draining the cp3.

DO NOT PAY $99 FOR A FILTER CHANGE! Buy a filter (up to $15) and change it yourself. At absolute least, you can use a pliars to spin the filter cap off. No idea about the cabin filter, though. Does it really need to be changed already?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a joke after reading all the good info from the forums here. I will do my own fuel filter changes and as far as I can tell there is no cabin filter.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
My bad...guess I didn't pick that up :lol3:

FWIW, "draining the rail" generally only happens with injectors...though, TNT is pretty aggressive. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but with REVO I don't see any problems with rail pressure.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I was told that gen 3's do not have cabin filters . I was at the parts counter and they said from looking at my vin that it is not an option for that vehicle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was the joke, my dealer said they would do it for $65 on my truck, he looked it up. Great dealer hey?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Back to the ?, I should be ok for playing around just trying to puff some smoke on the guys around the shop with the 230hp TNT tune. What settings on RP, Timing, and TM for maximum smoke at low speed drive by while being careful with my truck.

Oh ya, took me about an hour to get the TNT to start loading. You have to download the 7 zip for it to work right.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I rode the 230 hp tune to work and missed my time and spot to smoke everybody out. I lowered it to the 100hp tune #1 before I left for home. I got to smoke one guy pretty good just sitting still. Once I hit the road I didn't have any smoke at all.

I was running #1 TNT, stock timing, stock pressure, TM #3 when I left for home. The 230 hp #9 TNT made me really nervous that morning.

I was amazed at the amount of missing smoke, going down the highway and hitting the pedal, nothing. No smoke. Might be a good setup for someone wanting a nice strong tune and no smoke at all. Just a thought.

Right now we are messing around at work and I want all the smoke I can get just blipping the throttle while just sitting still. We are just playing around.

What's the best setting for just blipping the throttle while holding the brake in the parking lot and letting out a big cloud of thick smoke to cover the next guys truck?????????

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reloaded the original Revo as soon as I got home.

The Revo TNT even on #1 ran much hotter than the plain Revo #5. I like the original Revo tune better myself for my application.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Is there any danger in downloading the Revo TNT software level #9 with a stock lift pump and CP3? This is just to play around with on the way to work and back.

I've read about the pressure dropping too much and just trying to make sure I don't damage anything.

I'm currently running the SW#5, rp mild, timing mild, TQ 3 moderate on the regular Revo.

When I pull into the garage (shop) in the mornings there are several people standing around that need to get a good smoking, (they think it's funny). On the lower tunes I'm running for better mileage I can't really give them a good puff.

The TNT would just be for a easy ride to work and then give them a nice romp right as I'm easing by. Again, it's just for joking around and I know better than to stomp it on the highway. I just don't want to mess anything up like my CP3 by draining the rail on the way to work or something else I haven't thought of.

P.S.-----My dealer wanted $99 to change my fuel filter and another $69 for the [cabin filter??]. I know your lining up to take yours there now. Do I get in line behind you?
you want to load up sw9 and "take it easy"?:rof just kidding. i run tnt sw9 tm3 rp2 wastgate off, all the time. fuel never drops below 5psi even at WOT and rail pressure looks great. i was running rp3 but i was seeing 20,000psi at cruising speeds. that's a little too high for me.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
im runnin mine on sw5 right now with stock LP.....i was running the 4.11 on sw9.....havent gone past 5 yet because it is every bit as strong as the 4.11 was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts