Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Titan vs. Cummins

2279 21
Hey guys, a buddy of mine just bough one of the new Nissan Titan in the 4 door. He loves to brag on how bad his truck is and that the cummins cant touch it. I admit it is quick, but my truck feels so much stronger. I was wondering if any of you guys had had a run in with them or ran em at the strip.

Thanks
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
You'll beat him. Looking at your mods you'll have no problem. I have an '08 Titan with a Bullydog Power Pup, Nismo exhaust, Nismo CAI and the timing advanced 2*. For a gasser the Titan is a very strong truck and serves its purpose well against other 1/2 ton gassers. I was, and for the most part, am still really happy with it but its no match for the mighty Cummins. Seems everybody i know with a Titan, and on the Titan forums, has mucho respect for the Cummins but your friend. Go kick his a$$.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have respect for fast cars and trucks. I also have a corvette. The titan is quick strait out of the box, but he is so dang mouthy, you would think the thing is a ferrari. He is also bone stock. I keep telling him Im going to hook a strap to him and yank his rear axle out.

· Registered
30 Posts
Well, its new he's still all giddy about it, you know how that goes. I tried my hand at numerous diesels mostly Cummins and got tired of losing to them so I bought one and realized I was in farther over my head than I could have imagined. I just use the Titan as the "Caddy" now if you will :rof You know it actually hurts to talk this way about her but ya know it is what it is man.

What year 'vette ya got??

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah its his first truck and he's proud of it, he's actually not as bad as my brother-in-law, his dad owns a Nissan and Chevy dealer and he always talks about dodge. Thats actually where he bought the truck. I guess the white smoke coming of those mtrs dont mean anything. My vette is a 96, had it since high school.

· Registered
30 Posts
There's only one way to shut guys like that up.....school him brotha'. If it happens post up how ya made out!!

'96 very nice. Hang on to it, had one back in '95. Traded it in on another car and have missed it since....some day again.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I'll get him its just a matter of time and when I do I'll let ya know. I've contemplated selling the vette several times, but every time I drive it, it puts a smile on my face

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Yeah its his first truck and he's proud of it, he's actually not as bad as my brother-in-law, his dad owns a Nissan and Chevy dealer and he always talks about dodge. Thats actually where he bought the truck. I guess the white smoke coming of those mtrs dont mean anything. My vette is a 96, had it since high school.
Wow, im jealous, i got a hand me down 4 cylinder ford ranger farm truck with 300k on the original engine and trans. The Blue book value was 300 bucks with the 200 dollar CD player, lol. It ALWAYS ran, just not right, lol. I would smoke him in the truck then smoke him in the vette, just to rub it in...:hehe:

· Registered
30 Posts
[/COLOR]

Wow, im jealous, i got a hand me down 4 cylinder ford ranger farm truck with 300k on the original engine and trans. The Blue book value was 300 bucks with the 200 dollar CD player, lol. It ALWAYS ran, just not right, lol. I would smoke him in the truck then smoke him in the vette, just to rub it in...:hehe:
Hahaha, hey man this made me laugh. It's not where ya start but rather where ya end up right??

· Registered
1,701 Posts
thats the truth right there ^^^^ its all in where you end up!
No doubt man, its where you end up, i was just thinking about rolling up at the old high school in a vette, lol, but then again, id have cow sh*t on my boots, so im not sure the vette would have worked, lol. Not trying to say anything bout you or nothing, all im saying is that would have been FUN in school:drool2: Then again, id either be on a tree somewhere or without a license, so maybe my dad knew what he was doing:hehe::hehe: a little too much of him in me:hehe:

· Registered
402 Posts
k my step dad has one and yeah he dusts me till i get in 5th and as long as i dont have to back off it cause of egts i can kill him but they are quick as and expesialy if its the big and good 5.7 or watever they run. umm but you and anybody here could out tow him anytime and he admits it and so should your friend

· Registered
572 Posts
been there and whored one he rapes me from a dig not hanks to the 6 speed of mine but on the interstate from a 45 roll he gets it bad

· Registered
30 Posts
Yea from a dig the Titan is strong right through 2nd gear but once they hit 3rd things kinda level out through 5th with a descent pull through 6th with the vvt added to the 5.6 at the end of '07 which his buddy will have if it's new.

· Registered
1,574 Posts
Hook a 10,000lb trailer to both trucks and tell the Titan guy the finish line is 250 miles away.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just for an update on the titan and cummins, was coming home last night and guess who pulled up beside me. The funny thing is my father came over two days ago and borrowed both my smarty and my edge, so the only mods I am currently running is an AFE cai and straight pipe. We went from about a 20 mph roll and when it was all said and done I had him by about a half a truck length. After I told him I didnt have my programmer or box, he almost died. If i had had the ol smarty it would not have been any competition. With that being said earlier that day a new ford which was obviously modded, made me look stupid, which I knew he would. Oh well guess u cant win em all, time for more upgrades!!

· Registered
304 Posts
Nice..glad to see you ate the titan.

· Registered
30 Posts
Sweet, thanks for the update man even though I knew that was gonna happen. Nice job for sure. On a side note I raced mine twice over the past week and killed it both times as well. Knew I would but finally got to do it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.