Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

which tires are better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
which is the better tire? i have had the BFG All Terrains in the past and liked them. and money is not a factor. i do alot of towing in the snow.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
what does your application require?

do you need off road abilty?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do a little off road, but mostly towing in upstate Maine, and New York in the winter

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
the terra grapplers wont last as long but they are a nice tire

·
Banned
516 Posts
i agree with bigblue!

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
I hate the BFG's and I'm not a big fan of the Nitto's. I like the ProComp Extreme A/T's They have great traction and wear very well.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I just bought the Nitto Open Country A/T about 5000 miles ago an the rear tires are already 1/2 way wore out. Im not easy on the pedal, I have a lot of kills on the tires. They work great towing. On and off road performance are pretty good. Mud and sand they do well also when you let some air out. All in all I dont like how fast they are wearing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought the Nitto Open Country A/T about 5000 miles ago an the rear tires are already 1/2 way wore out. Im not easy on the pedal, I have a lot of kills on the tires. They work great towing. On and off road performance are pretty good. Mud and sand they do well also when you let some air out. All in all I dont like how fast they are wearing.
"open country" are Toyos. did you get thoes or the Nitto's?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had a set of bfg's(305-55-20) on an 01 chevy and loved them. On my 06 dodge i put a set of nitto's(305-55-20) and they lasted about 18k miles, I tow a 16000 5th wheel for work, snow rain sleet,or shine all year round. I now have a set of toyo open country(305-55-20) and they seem to be doing ok, I have had them on for about 15k miles and they still have plenty of tread. I drive the old goat pretty hard.

·
Registered
568 Posts
i like my pro comp xtreme AT

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
my BFG's do all i ask of them. Pretty quiet, truck is nearly silent at 60mph on the highway. Pretty ty in the rain though, hydroplane easily and break loose easily.

Id look at the Mich AT2's or ive also heard great things about the Bstone Dueler AT REVO's.

Its too bad the GY Silent armors have soft sidewalls despite the weight ratings because man oh man do they STICK in the snow.

Jason

·
Registered
129 Posts
ive had the toyo o/c did wear out pretty fast and i rotate every oil change, had the nittos and they were very bad offroad and they also wear out fast the bfgs lasted longer but they wear funny and i do aline my truck every 20k my best friend is a manager of ntb,so i get all these done free thank god,but im getting the mic at2s next they are a awsome all around tire ,and look at the people on here that have had then they swear by them, some getting 60-80k from them ,i would be getting the pro comp e a ts but they dont make them in a 285 70 17 like i need, your best bet if you need a tire that wear great rides great offroads ok the mich at2s, but if you want a little less tread life, but way better off road perfmance get the pro comps .

·
Registered
432 Posts
Have you tried the Hankook AT's.For me they have out lasted everything else I've tried.For mileage and ride.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
toyo m/ts are just as quiet as those a/ts and will last longer then the the toyo and nitto a/t

·
Registered
129 Posts
ive seen the new hankook at looks awsome and they also have a e load in the 285

1 - 15 of 15 Posts