Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tires/Wheels for Stock Suspension

10K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  NordicNevs 
#1 ·
Hello!

I am looking into upgrading the tiny wheels/tires that came on my wife’s 2500. What would fit comfortably on that without a lift? I think 35” x 12.5” x 20” is what we would like to put on there, but would go smaller if there would be any rubbing of the tires.

Also, if we were to go with a lift, what size would be ideal for 35”x 12.5” tires?

If you happen to have any photos of what you have on yours that would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

#2 ·
I installed 295/70R18 on my factory wheels and it’s a nice look without any rubbing. Long term I plan on 37” which requires additional backspacing on the wheel most are using +18 which moves the tire out away from the radius arms which is what they would rub on. A lift is optional for 35” tires on our RAM’s.

Check out this excellent article:
http://www.thurenfabrication.com/tech/tire-and-wheel-fitment.html

For the best photo gallery I know of see CJC offroads blog
CJC Off Road Blog

#5 ·
Reactions: Lins
#12 ·
I saw that- good information. Elephant rider previously told me that 35” tires with a +18 offset would work on stock suspension, I know +20 is a small change, but I didn’t know if it would make a difference bringing them in an extra 2mm. This is my first time getting new wheels/tires and I didn’t want to get something that wouldn’t fit right

#17 ·
good to hear they are made to last. I think we are going to get everything ordered this week and get it installed next week. Going with Toyo AT 2s, 35x12.5x20, Fuel Maverick wheels 20x9 with a +20 offset, and pretty sure we are going to add the 2” leveling kit on it as well. Still kinda undecided on the kit, wife is trying to decide if the likes it or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.