Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tires, what do you run???

8008 Views 41 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  CowboyCummins01
time for some new tires for myself... what does every one run and sizes? What do you like want to try next? For pulling what tires do you run??? I might get a different set this year to keep seperate from daily driving tires.
Thanks
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
1,327 Posts
285/75/R17 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's. I love 'em.

Pros: Amazing offroad. Deep snow, sand, mud, rocks, you name it and these things chug through it all. They wear pretty damn well for their tread pattern on the road, too. I have 25k miles on mine so far and they're about half worn.

Cons: The only time I don't like them is when it's really icy out- just a normal winter on road tire would be better there. However, I don't have a ton of weight in my bed either, so I can't complain. They also get a little bit noisier as they wear. They're really quiet to begin with though.

Next set will be some 38's (lifting my truck) in the same flavor as these or some Toyo M/Ts.

· Registered
2,164 Posts
my gasser has 35x12.5x17 Nitto mud grapplers. Awesome in everything, especially unplowed roads. kinda crappy on ice. i towed a 22' car hauler, and a 35' travel trailer, and they are really good. i liked em better than my goodyear wranglers, and much better than the michelin crap, and they wear evenly and slowly. i run 255/85/16 cooper discoverers on my dually. hard to say traction wise on a dually, they seem to wear very fast too. look nice, and pretty good in mud (4x4). but it seems you really gotta keep the air high (60+psi) to keep them from bulging (course they are d) but even empty, theyll bulge.

· Registered
474 Posts
I have a set of 285/70-17s from treadwright.com. They are the BFGoodrich AT style.

So far I am very pleased with them.
They are smooth riding, no vibrations, no bouncing, and they have worn good so far..
One of the best AT tires I've used, and for the price you can't beat them.

Next I'm going to try to go down to a 245 so I can get some better fuel economy.. I've dropped a good bit since I added the Hummer wheels and the 285s.

· Registered
9,857 Posts
315/75R16 BFG Mud terrain KM2's love em

· Registered
246 Posts
285/75-16 Remington Wide Brute A/W. Did have a set of 285/75-16 Nitto Terra Grapplers that wore out way too quick IMO.

· Just Another Slow VP
5,247 Posts
315/75-16 Procomp MTs. love em!

· Registered
57 Posts
big hemi04, how much did it take to make the 255's fit on your dually? wouldn't mind doing something of the nature to mine...

· Registered
1,219 Posts
I am running 285/75/16 km2 and looking to run dunlops rover mt maxx traction

· Registered
115 Posts
I run 265 75 16 Cooper Discoverer ST's. Love them. Quiet, and great traction, except ice.

John

· Registered
178 Posts
265/70/r17 hanhook dyna pro A/T love them good wear. ok offroad i dont go mudding so i dont know about that

· Premium Member
613 Posts
I am gonna try kelly fierce attitude mt at the end of the month.:thumbsup:

· Registered
716 Posts
I am running TOYO Open Country A/Ts 315/75/16 I have been real impressed by them. They run smooth and wear well. I've got about 24,000 on them now and not even halfway through the tread.

Next time I think I am gonna go with the Open Country M/Ts. I have heard of people getting great wear, they are more aggressive and surprising quiet of a n MT.

Thats my 2cents

· Registered
415 Posts
245/70-19.5 16 ply Michelin XDS-2. Handle like A dream and great in mud and snow. I only have about 6,000 miles so far but you can not tell them from new. I hope to get over 100,000 out of them.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Any recommendation for tires with great traction??? My tires (in my sig) spin really bad off the line but they are kinda worn out..

· Registered
1,229 Posts
BFG A/T's. While not really great at any one thing, gets the job done no matter what is thrown at them. Mine have 50k on them and still have this summer left in them.

Jason

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.