Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im giving in. This HE351ve is always acting weird. Im out. The question is which direction do I go? I want a kit that's as complete as possible. I want as much fun power as I can get with a fuel plug, full deletes, pusher intake, and EFI live and still tow a 12K trailer. Last year I towed about 6K miles so I have to be somewhat reasonable. Im thinking an industrial injection S300 kit but ive got no real experience to say that. Im willing to bet I need a FASS too.

SO, what turbo and manifold do you guys think I should use? And any good experiences with exhaust brakes?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know you asked for options other than the He351ve, but I'm more than happy with my BD Screamer VGT. It's been a great plug and play option for me.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm running a BD Iron Horn S364.5 SX-E with PPIE EFI live tuning. It's basically a drop in kit and I love it! I pull a 12k toy hauler almost every weekend. I also installed the BD inline Exhaust brake kit to retain the EB.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Atc I just recently bought a Toyhauler myself, pick it up in 2-3 weeks. This unit is 15.500K Dry. Do you think this same kit would perform good with that weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok,

I ended up going with an Industrial Injection Silver Bullet 62mm kit. It has the BD two piece 2nd gen manifold. So far here is what I see. It seems to spool much faster than the HE351 and the mid range power is snappy. But for some reason Im only maxing out at 36 PSI. I know that number is not necessarily a measure of anything but My he351 would hit 50PSI according to my Autoenginuity saved data. It also seems that the top end power is less and it smokes ALOT more (I don't like that). It does sound pretty awesome and its reliable, it always responds the same. The HE 351 would sometime spool quickly sometimes not. And honestly I don't even notice the exhaust brake being gone, I guess it wasn't that effective.

I wondering if my injectors are the root of my lack of boost and smoky exhuast

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Ok,

I ended up going with an Industrial Injection Silver Bullet 62mm kit. It has the BD two piece 2nd gen manifold. So far here is what I see. It seems to spool much faster than the HE351 and the mid range power is snappy. But for some reason Im only maxing out at 36 PSI. I know that number is not necessarily a measure of anything but My he351 would hit 50PSI according to my Autoenginuity saved data. It also seems that the top end power is less and it smokes ALOT more (I don't like that). It does sound pretty awesome and its reliable, it always responds the same. The HE 351 would sometime spool quickly sometimes not. And honestly I don't even notice the exhaust brake being gone, I guess it wasn't that effective.

I wondering if my injectors are the root of my lack of boost and smoky exhuast
62mm, yes it should spool going across a parking lot. Not surprised it smokes on the top end. It just has nothing left being a 62.
What is your gate set at? I hope your gated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
62mm, yes it should spool going across a parking lot. Not surprised it smokes on the top end. It just has nothing left being a 62.
What is your gate set at? I hope your gated.

I should have been more clear. It only smokes at lighter throttle settings. Top end is clean, just feels like less power than the HE 351. Industrial injection recommended this size turbo. Gate is set at 45 psi boost, yes all silverbullets are wastegated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im reading it off of Auto Enginuity. I assume its reading it off of the Factory MAP sensor. Ive watched the Boost read above 36 and I Have have saved spreadsheets with the Boost showing as high as 50PSI. How does the Engine compensate for higher boost numbers with MAP only going to 36? or is is that the scanners only read to 36?

How are you reading boost? Factory MAP sensor is only going to read up to 36 psi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts