Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the past couple months i have been giving my transmission hell. ive locked up overdrive, slipped every gear, and currently only gears i got is reverse and 3rd. i konw that built automatics are faster, but i think a manual is more fun overall.
how much trouble, or money would it take to get the swap over to a manual.
and does anybody know a good place to get it done at thats within couple hundred miles of kentucky?

· Registered
250 Posts
theres a few threads on the swap around here somewhere, the hardest part is coming up with all the parts

· Banned
1,252 Posts
you ran the stock auto with those sticks and chip, haha im surprised you have any gears. i agree tho hardest part is finding the parts esp now. there are about 3 very well written posts in the 98.5 section of couple guys who have done it and what you need. at some point it may be easier to go to the dealer and price out a few hard to find parts. the trans clucth and cylinder i would buy new, pedal assembly are rare, and the cosmetic pieces are prob gonna come new unless u find a wrecked truck in the yard somewhere.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha.....ya it didnt last very long.
thats what i was afraid of. being hard to get all the parts together.

· Registered
231 Posts
You need a good wrecked truck! Or there were some adds for the swap for about 2000 in the classifieds, I'd search it. And don't put a stock clutch in once you do switch!! :LOL: Good luck

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahah........ya i know not to do any stock parts. lol that stuff doesnt last very long. haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.