Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone running 33x12.5x18 and have pictures. i was thinking about this combo but not sure if their will be enough side wall for my liking. i have 265x75x16 now but i would like to go a little bigger.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
trqmnstr has this setup

theyre nitto terra grapplers with mazzi hulk rims

·
Diesel-less
4,271 Posts
I've got 35's with 18's...

·
Diesel-less
4,271 Posts

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
These are 33X12.50 R 17

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Level it and you can tuck 35's under there no problem. 18" wheels with 35s are a tough looking combination IMO.

·
Diesel-less
4,271 Posts
Not sure about the 2nd gen's, but my truck had to get a 4" lift and level to fit the 35's.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
with diesel prices at $5.00 a gal. i think 33's are big enough for me. i like UPINSMOKES'S combo 33x17, 17in rockstar with 33in toyo mt's should do the job.

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
with diesel prices at $5.00 a gal. i think 33's are big enough for me. i like UPINSMOKES'S combo 33x17, 17in rockstar with 33in toyo mt's should do the job.
My fuel mileage actually improved with these tires since I am running a lower RPM at cruising speed. Only way that works though is if you have your speedo calibrated.

·
Diesel-less
4,271 Posts
Don't diesels handle bigger tires better though? You'd think with all that power they hunger for more weight to tug around... I mean my gasser is down to about 9MPG with this setup, but ain't no way I'm giving it up.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
don't know i have always been told the bigger the tire the less fuel mileage . i understand that it basically changes the gearing and makes it harder on the engine to take off but once it is rolling one tire rotation travels farther and like said lower rpm's

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
I won't argue that, they DO definitely take more power to get rolling, but like I said, cruising speed is a lower RPM on these than it is with the stock tires:thumbsup

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been looking to get a set of 18x9 rockstars can someone let me know exactly what i need to order ,(rim specs) bolt pattern/backspacing or any thing else i need to know.
thanks Justin

·
Registered
153 Posts
Up In Smoke, your 99 is nice

1 - 18 of 18 Posts