Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one else spin there tires in 5th gear on dry pavement cuz i can. :peelout

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have a hard time in first. Tires are a bit big.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've spun my clutch in 5th and 6th, how do you like that!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Go ahead make me feel bad

·
Banned
2,613 Posts
I have no problem getting 4th I can drift 5th pretty easy around a corner on the highway but I got those dang cant go above 100mph gears in my truck so is pretty easy to do what ever I want when it comes to spining plus the tires are getting bald

·
Registered
225 Posts
No manual on mine, but locked up in OD with 265's and 3.54's I can light the tires up at around 65-70 on dry roads, and at pretty much any speed when its wet.
There's nothing better than spinning tires at highway speeds when some rice burner or p-stroke/d-max wants to mess with you.
-R.J.

·
Registered
470 Posts
No manual on mine, but locked up in OD with 265's and 3.54's I can light the tires up at around 65-70 on dry roads, and at pretty much any speed when its wet.
There's nothing better than spinning tires at highway speeds when some rice burner or p-stroke/d-max wants to mess with you.
-R.J.
that's awesome got any vids?:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Just curious. How much power are you guys putting out. That is sweet, I would like to see the face that rice burns face though, probably put him into shock.

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
I would also like to know how you guys are doing this. There is no way I am close to doing that even with my Edge Juice turned all the way up.

·
Registered
577 Posts
i have 4.10's and my tires won't even light in 4th on straight dry road. 35" tires though... we'll see what happens after the stock tire size, 64/71 14, and 20* of timing.
I really hope it will light em dry at highway speeds, that will be AWESOME

·
Registered
271 Posts
:w: Running down Hwy to pick up the pistons. :lol3:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
97 Posts
i can go to OD in a burnout:peelout

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
I was able to do it last fall, tried it yesterday and just spun the clutch...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can go to 4th spinnin but 5th and 6th theres just no way for me. Those 37's are heavy, id love to see video of this

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'll try to get a video. I don't think it'll look quite as impressive on video as it is in person. It's definitly something you don't see every day, but its not like a big smokey burnout. The rear end does get a little light, and you can tell the rears are spinning a lot faster than the fronts, but unless you get a little sideways I think it would be hard to tell what's happening on a video.
And sideways at 70 is not all that fun either.
I'll give it a shot though, maybe this weekend.
-R.J.

·
Registered
82 Posts
my buddys 05 6spd burns through 5 with 35s but there again hes got 410 gears not so great top end.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts