Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wife and I have a new 2500 true blue laramie on the way. It has the 18inch wheels. Truck will be left stock with no leveling kit or anything.

With that said.........
What is the biggest size tire we can go on the stock wheels without any rubbing? What size can we go with very minimal rubbing? I would like to be able to put a 315 on the new '14 if at all possible.

I have 315-70-17 on my '05 that we are trading in. They rub a little but not enough to bother me.

Edited to ask: What tires would you all recommend in the way of an all-terrain? I have had mickey thompson atz in the past and they were good but maybe wore out a little earlier than I would like.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
295/70r18 Toyo AT2's are probably as big as you'll safely clear and wont throw the 3.42's too far out of their comfort zone. Awesome load rating too, 4080lbs and 34.3" tall.

I'm running 295/65r18 Duratrac's and have plenty of space but are just over 33". The 295 section width looks great. Just be warned, i lost 2mpg vs stock tires and didnt change the height. I'd expect the same maybe a little more if you do city driving with the taller tires.

Jason

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
295/70r18 Toyo AT2's are probably as big as you'll safely clear and wont throw the 3.42's too far out of their comfort zone. Awesome load rating too, 4080lbs and 34.3" tall.

I'm running 295/65r18 Duratrac's and have plenty of space but are just over 33". The 295 section width looks great. Just be warned, i lost 2mpg vs stock tires and didnt change the height. I'd expect the same maybe a little more if you do city driving with the taller tires.

Jason

Any pics of your truck with the duratracs? I have been considering that exact size and tire. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I'll try to remember to take a normal pic of them. Here is one playing in the snow(best snow tire I've ever run on a truck btw)

And one at rest with my trailer hooked

Jason

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I would agree that 295/70r18 would be the max you would want to run. These range from 34" to 34.5"

305/65r18 BFG ATs would be perfect at 33.7"

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm running 295's and waiting on my backordered Tuff Country level kit to arrive. No rubbing issues what so ever.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I run 305/65/18 BFG all terrains on my 2014 2500 work truck and they look good and don't rub anywhere, im still running the stock wheels also.
Could you post some pics? This is the exact combo I've been considering. I've always had great luck with BFG All Terrains and have been trying to decide on what size to run without a lift or level as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I rub at close too and full lock with BMF 20"x9" and Toyo MT 35"x12.5". After a little trimming it rubs a little at full lock.

Carli 3" Pin Top going on this weekend should solve this :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts