Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tire size question

679 2
My truck has a stock suspension. I want to put bigger tires and aftermarket rims. I put about about 35k miles per year on my truck and never take if off road. The suggestion I got from rimz one is XD Rockstar with 285/65-18 Nitto Terra Grappler.

I deffinently want black rims, but can I go bigger? Are there any other all terrain tires that might be cheaper? And is it worth the money to go to an 18" rim?

Any help is appreciated.

:S:
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
There are all kinds of all terrain tires that are cheaper than the Nitto's. Yeah, 18's are worth the price but that is totally up to you. I have 22's. Are they worth the price.........probably not, but that is what I wanted and they look wild. My wheels and tires run me almost $6000.00. :shock: I know it's a lot of money, but man, watching ppl's faces when I drive by is priceless!!!!!!!

· Registered
1,371 Posts
There are all kinds of all terrain tires that are cheaper than the Nitto's. Yeah, 18's are worth the price but that is totally up to you. I have 22's. Are they worth the price.........probably not, but that is what I wanted and they look wild. My wheels and tires run me almost $6000.00. :shock: I know it's a lot of money, but man, watching ppl's faces when I drive by is priceless!!!!!!!
:shock: And I am really in shock, 6 grand for tires and rims. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts